Amazon sellers who choose the wrong inventory management software will eventually face failure. Inventory management is one of the keystones of success in the Amazon marketplace.
Effective inventory management allows you to stock the right amount of products at the right time, helping you manage your business with efficiency and effectiveness.
I used several systems, and I came up with a list to help you choose the best Amazon inventory management software that fits your business needs. I chose them based on features like inventory sync, integration with other marketplaces, and ease of use.
Amazon FBA sellers need management software for one thing only: inventory management. Amazon has 125 fulfillment centers, and you need to ensure that you have enough products to fulfill orders.
It is the requirement of Amazon that you have enough products in their fulfillment centers. They promise their customers that they will get the product to the customer’s door as fast as possible.
However, it would help if you do not overstock, as Amazon will charge you for late storage fees.
Given these two requirements, you need to find a delicate balance, and you can only do this with Amazon inventory management tools.
The result is you can track your products and how they move. On the other hand, poor inventory management leads to products being out of stock and high storage costs.
For example, having too much inventory that is not fast-moving also means you must pay Amazon for storage. Indeed, you want to avoid these fees.
Brightpearl is one of the most robust and complete Amazon inventory software programs one can use on Amazon. It is an omnichannel inventory and accounting solution for people with different sales channels.
I recommend it to people who need to manage inventory and an accounting software tool. This way, you do not have to pay for another accounting software.
Apart from Amazon inventory management tools, it has warehousing management programs and even point-of-sale.
Brightpearl offers a consolidated way to do Amazon business. If you operate in multiple channels, the system will route all sales to the Brightpearl system. As such, you have one place to process payments and see reports for better and more streamlined operations.
Brightpearl is an intermediate inventory software program, and it has one of the best systems. Once you sign up, you will have a partner from inside the company. This partner or manager will help you set up your Amazon FBA store system.
- Inventory Forecast – if used as an Amazon inventory management software program, the system prevents you from over and underselling.
It has accurate inventory forecasts and reporting, and it works on multiple channels. It also has a Demand Planner where you will find replenishment recommendations.
- Plug-and-Play Integrations – has a wide array of other inventory management systems that you can use in Amazon eCommerce businesses.
Some examples of these are shipping apps and accounting apps. You do not have to go to third-party providers anymore with this feature.
- eCommerce Business Analytics – you get a robust reporting mechanism where you can find data-driven insights.
You can do data syncs from all your sales channels and customize the report according to your liking. There is also no limit to the number of users you can add.
- Retail Accounting – one thing you certainly need from Amazon inventory management tools is accounting. In most cases, sellers use different software.
With Brightpearl, there is no need to subscribe to another service. Here, you will get an accounting report for all post-purchase transactions, all of which are in real-time.
Brightpearl’s pricing for Amazon inventory is not available on their website. Instead, you need to book a demo and submit an application to get a price.
I am sure that the price you pay will depend on the size of your sales. In my experience, companies like these charge sellers in relation to how big their companies are.
Best For: People who focus on daily sales movement rather than the overall trend of an eCommerce business.
SoStocked is a revolutionary approach to inventory management as it focuses on forecasting and sales velocity.
Instead of just showing you your sales data, it tells you what happens daily. From here, you can see how many items are moving or selling per day.
The company offers free data migration. You no longer have to pay somebody $199 to do it for you. Just give them the data in a spreadsheet, and they will move it to the SoSocked inventory management tool.
I also like that they offer 1-on-1 onboarding. SoSTocked provides this support to people who are unsure what to do. If you have been an Amazon seller for a long while, they also have a DIY process that you can follow.
- Adjusted Velocity – it does not use the total monthly sales to make inventory analysis. Instead, it uses the daily velocity or movement of your products.
It removes anomalies such as stockout and sales spikes. After this, the software will tell you a forecast of your product movement at specific intervals that you choose.
- Buffer Stock – a buffer stock is a false zero. For example, if your buffer stock is 250 pieces, the system will notify you that you are out of stock once your inventory reaches 250 pieces.
The truth is you are not really out of stock. It only tells you that you must replenish your inventory soon. It prevents you from getting into a stockout situation. You can set your buffer stocks based on the number of days or units remaining.
- Inventory Timeline – you can visualize your sales and inventory patterns over time. It shows you when you are supposed to transfer products from one location to another.
It is critical for planning. The tool shows two inventory levels per day—one from Amazon and one from your warehouse.
- Simultaneous Forecasting – the tool tells you your warehouse and your Amazon store forecast. It can even tell you up to three estimates for different SKUs.
The pricing scheme of SoStocked is a little different. Your first month will cost $79, but only up to 1,000 orders.
Anything above that also increases your monthly due. You get up to 20 users and access to US-based support at this price. Unfortunately, there is no free trial offer.
Best For: Sellers who need an inventory management software program that works for other sales channels.
Sellbrite is an Amazon inventory management software program that is easy to use. It does not have all the bells and whistles of other tools, but it does provide a straightforward service.
With Sellbrite, you can upload your products in bulk in multiple sales channels. It means that you do not have to copy and paste the same images and text to different platforms.
You can also expect to see accurate reports because it has a syncing mechanism. The tool works on Etsy, eBay, Walmart, Shopify, BigCommerce, and many other platforms.
For the Amazon FBA seller, the key benefit of the tool is the inventory report. The beauty of the whole thing is that it is not as expensive as other software programs.
I recommend this to sellers new to Amazon FBA, especially those not selling more than 30 products a month.
- Bulk Listing – whether you have 10 or 1,00 products, you can list them all on various platforms with only a few clicks.
It comes with inventory management software that works for FBA and other sales channels.
- Sync Inventory – the inventory sync happens every 15 minutes. So if someone bought your products, the system would update your inventory within that time frame, giving you accurate reports. As such, you can avoid overselling or overstocking your products.
- Order Shipping – this feature is best used by Amazon sellers who decided not to go with FBA or those who went through the FBA model but realized that storage costs are steep.
With this feature, you can ship labels from USPS, UPS, and FedEx. You will also get discounted rates.
- Pro 100 – costs $29 per month; process a maximum of 100 orders a month and get all the features.
- Pro 500 – costs $79 per month; the limit is 500 orders in a month.
- Pro 2K – costs $179 per month; the limit is 2,000 orders per month.
All plans have an add-on on $19 if you want the software to integrate your FBA inventory. The integration also allows you to add multiple channels.
Sellbrite offers a free account, but you can only process up to 30 orders in a month.
Best For: Amazon sellers who want an inventory management software program with many automation processes.
Orderhive is one of the best Amazon inventory tools and independent eCommerce businesses. It has a full suite of inventory, shipping, order management, and even barcoding tools.
There is no limit to the SKU that you can upload, nor is there any limit to the number of products you can sell. They also offer a hefty amount of information in their training materials.
What I love the most is the support they give to their users. For example, they have training videos that you can watch with your employees. This way, you do not have to train them yourself.
- eCommerce Automation – with this feature, you can automate a lot of the processes involved in selling.
For example, tagging and un-tagging orders are automatic. The same thing happens with invoicing. The software also automates SMS and email notifications to your supplier once stock levels are low.
- Order Management – you can import and export sales orders, save credit card information and create your picklist.
In addition to this, you can also send the order to Amazon FBA and do SLA and order management for your stores.
- Inventory Management – you can enjoy the benefits of doing business in different sales channels and also manage different warehouses.
You can do location-based stock management and track inventory of your products’ batch and expiry dates.
- Purchase Management – you can assign or email your purchase orders from your suppliers in this feature. You can also create a stock transfer, tag your purchase orders, and print barcodes in this tool.
It is the tool you need to manage your product suppliers, primarily if you deal with several of them.
- Lite – costs $44.99 per month; get the essential inventory management software plus all features for shipping and onboarding chat and email support.
- Starter – costs $134.99 per month; get access to all types of automation plus handholding support at every step of the way.
- Growth – costs $269.99 per month; get all the premium integrations and then four hours of training for your employee.
Orderhive offers a free trial for 15 days.
Best For: Amazon sellers looking for order management software that covers the entire inventory management process.
Veeqo is one of the best inventory management tools. In addition, you have the option to use it independently from Amazon.
If you use it with Amazon, you must pay an extra £20 per month. It is priced in pounds as the company is UK-based.
Overall, it is a centralized inventory management system. With it, you can track your inventory and make data-driven decisions. As a result, there is no need to rely on manual spreadsheets.
The tool shows you how products have performed in the past, and then you can make comparisons according to how you want to filter data.
You will also have complete visibility on your warehouse operations, provided that you operate your shipping process on your own.
- Inventory Management – use up to 21 direct integrations with built-in shipping software.
You will also access dynamic forecasting tools to see how your inventory will look. It allows you to get ahead of shipping times.
- Order Management Software – this tool allows you to set up order workflows and make the software do repetitive tasks. You can find all your orders in one place.
- Shipping Tools – if you decide to do your business in two ways, one in Amazon and one on your own, you can use the shipping tools and get live tracking for your parcels.
Veeqo has more than 21 shipping apps that you can integrate with your sales channels. You can bulk print shipping labels and do one-click printing, too.
- Reporting and Analytics – you can view your sales and product reports in an easy-to-use dashboard. The analytics tool also allows you to complete audit trails.
- Accelerator – costs £170 per month; get features where you can unify or sync your inventor across ten sales channels. You can also use up to 20 shipping couriers.
- High Growth – costs £215 per month; you can use the purchasing and forecasting tools and decide on the access levels of your staff.
- Premium – costs £260 per month; you can now use the ultimate warehouse inventory system, the digital picking software and access the warehouse productivity analytics.
Veeqo has a free trial with an undisclosed length. Unfortunately, the service is only available to select countries.
Aside from the Amazon inventory management software program, it offers an all-in-one solution for eCommerce retailers.
You can use its shipping suite, print labels, track orders, manage inventory, inventory tracking, and so much more. You do not need the shipping suite if you only sell on Amazon as an FBA seller.
- Listings Management – list your products on multiple platforms from one dashboard.
You can integrate the suite with eBay, Amazon, Wish, and Etsy.
You can create the product pages and manage them from one location. In addition, you can also import existing products from an eCommerce platform and export them to another.
- Inventory and Order Management – prevent overselling by checking your stock levels from different sales channels.
In addition, you can keep a tab of product variations and stay up to date when they move. Part of this feature is access to shipping carriers to print packing slips and invoices. It also comes with accounting through the Xero eCommerce platform.
- Reports and Accounting – get access to quick and reliable information. The reporting tool has comprehensive data from which you can draw conclusions.
You can see which products to sell, where to sell them, and when to re-stock from these reports.
You can also send data to your accounts, such as sales orders and returns. If you like to work on a spreadsheet, you can download the data and paste it into your spreadsheet software like Microsoft Excel.
- Standard – costs £195 per month; you can integrate the software with up to five sales channels. However, your SKU has a limit of 15,000, and you can only process up to 7,500 orders per month.
- Premium – costs £400 per month; your limits now increase to 15,000 orders and 50,000 SKU variants.
Expandly has a 14-day free trial, and you can also book a demo if you want.
7. Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is an all-in-one Amazon support suite. It has inventory systems, keyword research tools, and robust analytics.
The inventory management tools tell you if you are overstocked or need to order new products now. That way, you can call your supplier to send the item to the Amazon warehouse just in time before you run out of stock.
- Inventory Manager – the Amazon inventory management software accurately predicts how much stock you will need in the future.
It is best for Amazon FBA sellers to make sure they have products in Amazon’s warehouse. The software can also tell you when to order the product.
- Product Tracker – is a solution where you track how a group of products perform over time. It is also called inventory tracking.
You will see sales reports and then identify which opportunities to address. It prevents you from doing manual work with spreadsheets and data logging.
- Listing Builder – the tool comes with a listing builder that tells you if your listing meets standards or not.
The benefit of this tool is that you get to see if your product listing is using the right keywords or not.
- Keyword Research – apart from the inventory management tool, you have access to a tool that tells you what keywords are likely to convert. You can also get insights into how your competitors use keywords to rank their listings.
- Basic – costs $49 per month; this plan only gives you a single license, but it comes with a browser extension for Chrome and Firefox. Your limit for product tracking is 20 products, but you will not have access to the inventory manager yet.
- Suite – costs $69 per month; get everything from the Basic plan plus the inventory management tool. It also gives you access to review automation. The limit is 150 for product tracking.
- Professional – costs $129 per month; your limit is now at 1,000 products for product tracking, and you can review product history for up to six months.
Jungle Scout does not offer free plans, but you can sign up for as low as $29 a month if you pay annually.
Best For: Those looking for Amazon inventory management tools with integration options for other marketplaces.
Linnworks is a platform that automates your reporting and product upload in different marketplaces.
Apart from robust analytics, it has an inventory management tool to streamline your workflows.
With this system, you don’t have to spend a lot of manual effort to reconcile your inventory levels even after you make sales.
The software also has a central dashboard to view real-time inventory and performance. Since you can integrate it with other marketplaces, you can also see insights from all these channels in a single place.
- Inventory Management – offers advanced inventory management software that helps you avoid underselling or overselling your product.
It works because it helps you track inventory across different sales channels from one dashboard only.
- Advanced Analytics – you have complete visibility on your inventory data, along with the orders from your Amazon store.
You can track sales metrics and see real-time visibility of your stock levels from this report. It also shows you the status of your orders, sales volume, and refunds.
- Multi-Channel Listing – save time when uploading products; you no longer have to upload products one by one if you are selling on different marketplaces.
You only need to upload it once, and you can launch the same products on different platforms apart from your Amazon store. The software supports eBay, Magento, Shopify, Walmart, and BigCommerce.
- Onboarding – get onboarding services if you do not know how to use the software for managing your inventory. That team will support you with implementation specialists.
They will create an onboarding checklist and process that you can follow, all of which are designed for your personal needs.
Linnworks does not offer its price matrix. You have to book a demo if you want to see the prices of their services.
Sellics is an Amazon inventory that has a strong focus on PPC campaigns. It does not only help you manage your inventory, but it also tells you an analysis of how your products are doing.
As many experts say, organic traffic is dead. Sellics offers a way to advertise your products on the Amazon universe. Sellics provides a way for you to advertise with the right approach.
The advertising campaigns you launch are automated. If you do not want this, you can upgrade your account and have a team of people from Sellics manages the PPC ads for you.
- Inventory Automation – with Sellics, you need to upload the lead time for each product. Once you do this, the system will automatically calculate when you should reorder that product. The Amazon inventory top pair of Sellics uses sales velocity and lead time to analyze when you should get notified.
- AI Automation – the Amazon inventory management software comes with PPC campaign set-up and automation for your eCommerce business. The system has guidance on creating a PPC campaign based on best practices in the industry. It is up to you to choose an automatic or manual campaign, and you can also choose from different targeting options.
- PPC Tool – this tool allows you to analyze the performance of your advertising campaigns on Amazon. You will find out how your marketing performed against other products similar to yours. On top of that, you can also identify products in your inventory whose ads need optimization.
- Sellics Benchmarker – free to use; you get access to the PCC evaluation tool, and you can view benchmarks for up to 20,000 products. It also gives you access to your store’s monthly trend and performance.
- Advertising Advisor – cost $259 per month; you get personalized onboarding for software and dedicated PPC coaching.
- Managed Services – costs $1,249 per month; you get hands-on PPC management and support for campaign set-up. The team inside Sellics will do the work for you.
Sellics offers a 14-day free trial.
An inventory management software is a tool that lets you know which of your products are available and which ones are not. In the world of physical sales, you need to see this number to act decisively.
Essentially, here are some of the things that Amazon inventory management software can do for you:
- Product inventory – know the number of products and SKUs in your inventory
- Locations – know the warehouse location of your products.
- Costs – an inventory management software tells you how much money is sitting in the warehouse.
- Margins – get a projection of your profit margin from the items you have
In Amazon FBA, you do not have your physical products with you, so how will you count how many you still have in the warehouse?
It is in this situation where inventory management tools come in. First, you integrate them with your Amazon FBA account, and then you can see a report from your dashboard.
Before you choose inventory management software, there are some things I want to point out. These are the features you must look for to get the best value for your money.
Online retailers must keep up with the demand of customers on Amazon. The last thing you want to happen is to have a product in demand, yet you are out of stock.
Look for an Amazon inventory management software program that has a forecasting element. You should be able to configure these forecasts on a seasonal level.
After all, it does not make sense to stock up on swimming items during winter.
Next, look for an inventory management software tool that allows you to sell in different channels.
Here are some examples:
There will come a time when you realize that Amazon is so huge. You need to tap other marketplaces or sales channels to reach out to other people.
Not all Amazon in1ventory management software programs allow you to do this. Some of them are purely focused on the Amazon platform only.
If you get those programs, you will have to spend more money on other inventory software should you decide to scale your Amazon business on other marketplaces.
Inventory is not just about analytics. Anybody can see how many pieces of inventory you have left. All inventory management tools for Amazon already have this.
Amazon inventory management is also about making decisions. You want to see how your products move, which ones, and how fast.
What you want is advanced analytics where you can slice and dice data. You want a program that gives you projections and reorders statistics.
Some examples of advanced analytics are:
- Replenishment stats
- Inbound shipment
- Account dashboard
- Profits and losses
Just take note that advanced analytics usually come at a higher price. For example, some Amazon inventory management tools providers charge based on your sales volume.
Look for an Amazon inventory management software that has a customization option. For example, it should allow you to cross-analyze multiple factors. This way, you can predict your inventory needs with accuracy.
One excellent example is SoStocked. With this tool, you can factor in sales that happened in the past.
You can also see reports about seasonal changes. With these numbers on your dashboard, you can avoid overselling in your Amazon business.
Now that you have the best inventory management software for your Amazon store, what is next? The next step is to strategize. The tool only tells you numbers, but you need to decide what to do with these stats.
It is a strategy where brands keep their inventory costs low. To do this, the brand or supplier must have enough inventory to keep up with the demand.
In this strategy, the demand is apparent. In addition, it means that you know how many products you need to stock up based on previous sales data.
One problem with this approach is the rapid changes in demand that you did not forecast. If your product suddenly becomes in demand, you may run out of stock. If this happens, you lose the demand as people will buy from other suppliers.
In this inventory control strategy, you push your product to the consumers instead of waiting for them to demand. It would be best to have a sales forecast to get this done.
You wait for consumers to “pull” the product from you in the pull strategy. Then, however, you are pushing it in the push strategy, regardless of the demand.
Here, you prepare a certain number of products and wait for customers to come in. Then, you create products only one time.
The challenge in this kind of strategy is that you may have many stocks sitting in the warehouse. If they do not sell, you have money sitting in a place, and you will have to wait until there is a demand again.
JIT is a model where you produce products and deliver them right when the customers need them.
For example, you will restock your inventory with Christmas lights and décor just before the consumers need them for the holiday season. But, again, the product must be available by the time the customers look for it.
The same thing goes with winter clothing and summer clothing. In short, you are not stocking on items during the event or season but before it even starts. This strategy is the most difficult in achieving operational efficiency.
The success of JIT has something to do with the availability of the product you are selling. As an Amazon FBA seller, you may also be the manufacturer. If that is the case, then you are in complete control.
However, if you are sourcing your products from China, you will have a challenge. First, you must work with a supplier you can trust.
For example, it does not make sense for the supplier to get the Christmas lights to Amazon if the holiday season is already over.
If you are sourcing from China or other countries, I want to emphasize that you must add the shipping and manufacturing process in your order and shipment lead times.
On some occasions, you may find yourself in a situation where your product is not moving quickly. As a result, the inventory is sitting in the warehouse, and you are paying the storage cost.
The best thing to do is sell the products at a lower price. You can sell it to an FBA seller or sell it at a lower cost to consumers. You do not need to suffer substantial financial losses—breaking even is your goal.
Liquidation is merely an inventory control strategy on how to dispose of products when they are no longer in demand. At best, do not overstock, so you do not find yourself in this position.
Of all these Amazon inventory software, my recommendation is SellBrite. I would have chosen Brightpearl, but its pricing is not disclosed. And if I see a software like that, my initial reaction is that it is expensive.
I recommend Sellbrite for the following reasons:
- The service is straightforward to use
- It has inventory sync after a sale happens
- You can use it for other sales channels
The price of Sellbrite is also reasonable, and I like that. However, as online retailers, we first need to focus on profitability. It makes no sense to get expensive software if you are not that big yet.
Want to learn more: If you’re struggling to find products, here’s a list of the best Amazon product research tools to find winning products.
In addition, check out these Amazon PPC management tools & strategies to boost your sales which in turn will help you manage your inventory better using one of the above inventory management software.