AVI video files are compatible with nearly every device. You can play an AVI file on Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
The only tricky thing about AVI is the file size.
Using a designated AVI to MP4 video file converter compresses the format and optimizes storage.
Using a video file converter is easy. You upload the file, select the output file format, and click “OK” or “Convert.” After that, choose a location to save the converted file.
I have carefully selected the best AVI to MP4 converter for your device. Even more fulfilling are the how-to-use instructions.
Let’s dive in right away.
- Pazera Software
- Boxoft AVI to MP4 Converter
- DVDFab Video Converter
- Aiseesoft Free Video Converter
Best for professional video editors.
DVDFab Video Converter boasts fast file conversions. It also has an intuitive user interface.
You will appreciate its versatile nature as it also edits and compresses video.
While it is not 100% free, the software offers you a 30-day trial. You can leverage this time to acquaint yourself with its features before making an upgrade decision.
The software has an AI module for upscaling video resolution. For instance, you can upscale from 480p to 1080p.
It has a watermark remover that can also work in reverse by helping you add a personalized watermark.
- Built-in Editor: You can trim, rotate, crop, add subtitles, and adjust brightness or contrast.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems.
- AI Upscaling: The software has an Enlarger AI module that helps you upscale your video quality.
- Formats: It supports 1,000 video output formats.
- Watermark Removal: It removes any watermarks in the original video.
- It packs editing functions that enhance quality.
- Its built-in editor helps with sharpening your editing skills
- You can export videos to YouTube or upload them on mobile devices.
- It has a free trial.
- The free version limits video resolution options to 720p.
- Download the converter and choose the Video Converter module.
- Load your AVI file and select any customization options that you wish.
- Click the “Start” button and get the process underway.
- Save the output in a folder on your device.
The converter is free to use for the first 30 days of installation.
Go to this link to install the AVI to MP4 video converter.
Best for converting files from the cloud and URL.
FreeFileConvert enables you to convert files from direct URLs, cloud services, or local storage.
It is straightforward with no intimidating or complex settings. Converting a file from AVI to MP4 involves simple steps and takes seconds.
The tool lets you configure notifications that keep you posted on the entire process.
Besides, your files are secure. The software servers delete files in 24 hours, or you can opt to do so after conversion.
FreeFileConvert is an essential software where you can cut out your teeth as a beginner.
However, despite being freemium software, it requires registration and login.
- It sends you personalized notifications via email.
- The tool supports batch AVI file processing.
- The web-based tool supports over 8,000 conversion combinations.
- The interface has File, URL, and Cloud iWhat We Didn’t Like to help you.
- It has a friendly user interface.
- The software has a simple three-step conversion process.
- It is compatible with cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
- It has file limits of up to 300MB.
- You can only convert five files per session.
- Click “Choose File” to upload your AVI file to the converter.
- If using a video link, select the URL option.
- Use the Cloud option if your AVI file is in the cloud.
- Select output format via the “Convert files to” dropdown options.
- Click the “Convert” button to get your file conversion underway.
It is 100% free.
Here is the link to access the free AVI converter.
Best for converting AVI files in the background.
Boxoft AVI to MP4 Converter is a simple tool with enormous capabilities. Using the software does not require familiarity with video formats.
Install the converter, add your files, select the output, and hit the convert button.
It offers you file encoding parameters such as frame rate and bitrate. You can adjust these parameters or use the preset profiles.
The software boasts two conversion modes, Batch Convert and Hot Directory. The former converts multiple files while the latter works in the background.
The freeware tool lets you choose between a Windows and Mac version.
- It supports multiple file conversions.
- The output formats include AVI, MP3, MOV, FLV, and MPEG.
- It has a Hot Directory Mode that converts your files in the background.
- The tool shows a record processing log.
- It has numerous audio, video, and image settings.
- You can customize profiles to suit different outputs.
- It is straightforward software.
- The tool has a clear-cut interface.
- It lacks many options found in other AVI to MP4 converter tools.
- Download and install Boxoft on your browser.
- Select the add files symbol on the software’s main page.
- Locate the file output mode at the bottom of the user interface and choose “to MP4.”
- Choose your destination folder.
- Click “convert” and wait for your converted MP4 file.
Boxoft is free to download and use.
Here is the link to download the software.
Best for converting videos for multiple devices playback.
Aiseesoft Free Video Converter lets you convert AVI to MP4 quickly. The resultant file is compatible with mobile and desktop devices.
You can use it to convert recorded and downloaded videos. That means you will be at ease with videos you capture on your camcorder or phone.
The software enhances your videos, lets you edit subtitles, add watermarks, trim, crop, and more.
None of these should intimidate you, as this video converter has a simple learning curve.
- The software enhances video quality through noise reduction and optimizing brightness.
- It supports multiple output formats (300+), including FLV, MKV, WMV, MOV, AVI, and MP4.
- Its built-in video editor allows adding an opening and ending title.
- It supports multiple digital devices such as iPods, iPads, and Google devices.
- The tool has fast AVI video conversion speeds.
- It has an intuitive user interface.
- You can play back the converted video files on multiple mobile and desktop devices.
- It has limited editing options.
- There are video watermarks that require upgrading to the Pro version for removal.
- Launch the converter on your desktop.
- Upload your file via the “Add File(s)” button on the software interface.
- Select the “Edit” function and choose options you wish to use, e.g., crop and rotate.
- Select the output format, MP4.
- Preview the file in an output folder.
- Click “Convert” to initiate file conversion.
The software has a free trial.
Best for video conversions on desktop and mobile devices.
Pazera Software is a free AVI to MP4 converter software.
It creates files you can play on fixed media players and portable devices.
The program packs numerous video conversion profiles for novices and advanced users. For instance, you can customize encoding parameters such as resolution, aspect ratio, and frames per second.
Pazera supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android operating systems.
- Languages: The software supports over 10 languages, including Chinese, German, Japanese, and French.
- Portability: You can run this converter on desktop and mobile devices.
- Freeware: It is a free resource for private or commercial use.
- Profiles: It comes with predefined settings.
- Configurations: The converter offers audio channels, video codec, and bitrate options.
- It supports batch file conversions.
- It offers an optional portable version.
- The software retains a file’s original aspects without losing quality.
- It lets you save file encoding options for future use.
- You can utilize it for private or commercial purposes.
- It has an intimidating user interface.
- Download the software on a desktop or mobile device.
- Select “Add file” on the interface to pick the video file or drag and drop the file here.
- Go to settings and choose MP4 as your output.
- Modify other parameters.
- Click “convert” to set off the process. Once completed, it will save your MP4 file in a folder.
It is 100% free.
Go to this link to download Pazera AVI to MP4 video converter.
AVI to MP4 Converter is software, app, or online tool that formats your file to MP4.
AVI is an acronym for Audio Video Interleaved file. It is an audio and video file format developed by Microsoft.
AVI files store high-quality video with low compression compared to MP4, MOV, and MPEG formats.
Why would you want to convert AVI to MP4 if it has all these top qualities?
The answer is in its size. AVI files are large, about 3 GB per minute of video. Users with limited storage cannot keep many of these files.
Also, retrieval and playback require experimenting with codecs which are highly inconvenient.
I will share a step-by-step explanation using FreeFileConvert online tool. It is the simplest to work with, and it is free software.
Here are the instructions and screenshots that show you where to click:
Step 1: Open the online converter tool. It has a simple interface with three file conversion steps:
- Input file
- Output format
Step 2: Click “Choose File” to navigate your storage folder and select the AVI file slotted for conversion.
Step 3: Select an output format (MP4) using the “Convert files to” button.
Step 4: Click “Convert.”
Note: This particular converter has options to draw your AVI file via a video link or from the cloud.
Here is how to approach the two scenarios.
If using a video URL:
- Activate the process by clicking the “URL” option.
- Copy and paste the link in the text box under “Choose file URL to convert.”
If your AVI file is in cloud storage
- Click on the “Cloud” option to open the “Choose a cloud service provider” section.
- Select Google Drive or Dropbox, depending on the location of your AVI files.
Proceed with the other steps, as shown earlier.
Video files sometimes fail to play correctly on your devices. Part of the reason is that the video format is incompatible with the device.
You can solve the problem by converting from Format A to Format B. A reliable video converter will make your work easy.
Converting AVI to MP4 follows a three-tier pattern.
- You Add Videos to the converter.
- Select Output format.
- Hit Convert.
Follow these tips for a pleasant experience:
- Install your video converter in a browser window.
- Launch it or log in to your user account, depending on the software’s design.
- Navigate to your storage folder and choose the file you wish to convert.
- You can also drag and drop the AVI video into the converter’s user interface.
- Select the output format, say MP4, MOV, and so on.
- You may want to tweak things a little if you are an expert.
- Crop, trim, edit subtitles, adjust contrast or brightness and the resolution.
- Click Convert to start conversion.
If you are a beginner, do not be afraid to try out a few things, especially the video editing options.
Converting a video file from AVI to MP4 format will save you acres of space on your device. I have reviewed free tools that deliver excellent results.
If you need a tool for simple AVI to MP4 conversions, I recommend FreeFileConvert.
It has a straightforward conversion process that only takes three steps. Besides, it can draw files from local storage and the cloud.
On the flip side, if you are a pro or are adept at video editing, I strongly suggest using DVDFab Video Converter. Its in-built video editor is top-notch.
However, you must upgrade to its paid version to enjoy all its features.
In all, each of the five tools is a unique choice. Try them out and determine what suits you best.
To wrap it up, here is a summary of the 5 best AVI to MP4 converters for any device.
- DVDFab Video Converter – Best for professional video editors.
- FreeFileConvert – Best for converting files from the cloud and URL.
- Boxoft AVI to MP4 Converter – Best for converting AVI files in the background.
- Aiseesoft Free Video Converter – Best for converting videos for multiple devices playback.
- Pazera Software – Best for video conversions on desktop and mobile devices.
- Free Video Converter Software
- MOV to MP4 Converters
- YouTube to MP3 Converters
- YouTube to MP4 Converters
- YouTube to WAV Converter
- Chrome Video Downloader
- Instagram Video Downloader
- TikTok Video Downloaders
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Facebook Video Downloader
- Twitter Video Downloader
- Instagram Story Viewer Apps
- Download TikTok Videos
- Download YouTube Videos
- YouTube Subtitle Downloaders
- YouTube Playlist Downloaders