Contrary to what people say, business cards are not dead. The business cards merely changed in form and are now shared as digital business cards. Entrepreneurs know that for every 2,000 cards they distribute, they could increase their sales by 2.5%.
Now that the world operates almost exclusively in the digital world, you must consider making your digital business card. Ut how?
I will help you choose the best virtual business card apps; I used them myself to build a successful eCommerce business. In the end. I hope you can choose from one of my list’s digital business card creator apps.
Here are the best apps for creating a digital business card:
Best for people who want to have vanity URLs and CRM integration.
Pricing: Free with two paid plans
Haystack is an excellent tool for creating digital business cards for big enterprises. It allows you to integrate the app with your company’s CRM tool. You can create up to 200 business cards for your employees.
- Share with Anyone – this feature allows you to share your business cards via social media links. Apart from social media sharing, you can also share your virtual business card through a QR code or URL.
- Sync to Phone – you can sync your mobile device with the app. In addition, once the recipients have opened your virtual business card, they can save the card on their phones. If they do this, your number will no longer appear as an unknown number.
- Business Card Scanner – if people you network with give you a physical business card, you can use the app to scan this physical business card. Then, the app will integrate that information into your company’s address book, from which you can send an email or SMS.
- Templates and Card Designer – the system offers a lot of templates that you can choose from but are only available in the paid plans. Nevertheless, those who use the app for free can use the design editing tool.
- You can integrate your cards with a company CRM
- You can adjust employee permissions for card distribution
- There is an analytics and reporting dashboard
- You can make modifications per your business needs; create branded business cards
- Share it so you can sell on the Facebook marketplace
The free app has limitations on customization
- For individuals – free; get unlimited cards, shares, and contacts.
- For business – costs $7.95 per month; use vanity URLs for your business cards and get access to customizable templates.
- For enterprise – contact them for the price; get everything in the business plan plus onboarding support.
Haystack offers a free account that you can get now!
Best for people who want to add files to their business cards
Pricing: Free with two paid plans.
Switchit is not only a digital business card reader but also a tool where you can replace your background in a Zoom meeting. With Switchit, you can add media to your digital business card, create customized branding, and use the business card scanner feature from the app.
- Add Media – you can add a logo, photo, or video to your business card. You can even add third-party content to your business card.
- Customization – you can customize how your cards look; there are many templates you can use, and an editing tool can help you design your card.
- File Attachment – you can add files to your digital cards. For example, you can attach a PDF or an eBook. This feature is good if you want to share information with prospective customers or clients.
- Multiple Data – you are not limited to only one phone number or URL. You can add many of these to the same business card.
- Lots of templates to choose from
- Team sharing is available
- Can be integrated with CRM tools
- It has a business card scanner
- You can add it in your site when you build landing pages
- There is no option to convert the card into a JPEG or PNG file
- Free – create up to four digital business cards for one person only; share them via QR code or on social media.
- Premium – costs $6.99 per month; create unlimited business cards; add phone numbers and URLs
- Business – contact them for the price; you can use branded themes and add or remove employees from specific permission levels.
Get the free-for-life account from their website or the Android and iOS app!
Best for people who want to integrate the design process with CANVA.
Pricing: Free with two paid plans.
L-Card is an excellent platform as it offers many features. Here, you can create personalized messages for your cards. You can also share videos through the cards you make and attach files that you think are meaningful to your target clients and partners.
- Calendar – you can share your calendar with people through the card. You can use Google, Outlook, HubSpot, and other calendars.
- Card Scanner – you can scan paper business cards, which will be added to your phone book.
- File Attachment – you can attach files to your business cards. These files include PDFs, images, eBooks, presentations, and brochures.
- Social Media – You can share your digital business card with people in many ways. Some examples are LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
- Video Sharing – you can share videos without limitations through popular video-sharing apps like YouTube and TikTok.
- Lots of options to share your virtual business cards
- There is a custom design suite
- There is a card scanner
- You can add your business card to your email signature
- You cannot use video on the free account
- Free – create digital business cards with no limits to the number of times to edit; share the digital cards via QR code, NFC tag, and other options.
- Pro – costs $5 per month; get custom background upload and use CANVA to upload third-party designs.
- Enterprise – you need to request a quote; integrate the app with your CRM.
The free account is free for life that you can get here!
Best for companies that need single-sign-on features.
Pricing: Free with four paid plans.
HiHello is one of the most popular digital business card apps. With this app, you can customize your virtual business cards and control your employees’ access levels.
- Sharing – there are several methods to share your digital business cards like QR Code, email, text, or an NFC tag.
- Google Contacts – you can import your Google Contacts and then add them to your digital business card book.
- Media-Rich Cards – you can add photos, logos, and videos to your cards. There are also many options to customize the cards and brand them.
- Profile Video – at the Basic Plan, you can add a profile video where you can introduce yourself. It works great if the charm is one of the components by which you can convince a prospective client to work with you.
- Templates – you do not have to start from scratch; you can use the templates to design your digital business cards.
- You can add badges to the digital business cards
- You can attach PDFs to the cards
- The system can integrate with SalesForce and HubSpot
There is a reporting system for card analytics
- You are limited to four cards only for the free account
- Free – you can create up to four digital business cards only for yourself.
- Basic – costs $3 per month; you can use media-rich cards with custom colours.
- Professional – costs $6 per month; use a branded QR code and personalized links for distribution.
There are two more plans for the business level, but you have to contact them for the price.
It is free to use the HiHello digital business card app, and you can get it here!
Best for people who want a simple, no-fuss digital business card.
eVaunt is the simplest app for digital business cards. You can create a card immediately and then distribute it to your friends and prospects.
- Mobile-centric – the business card is easy to view on a mobile device. The design is responsive and
- No limits – you can create as many digital business cards as you like. In addition, if you have employees, they can use the app with no limitations.
- URL – your business card is hosted in the eVaunt platform; you will get a link to your card, which you must send to your target clients.
- Social Media – your business card has your social media links, but only if you want to release them. You also can embed a Google Map so people can find you physically.
- 100% free
- It can be shared with many people
- The card has a unique web page
- Viewable on mobile devices
- Not a lot of features
eVaunt is 100% free, and you can get it here!
Best for people who want a simple digital business card sent via email.
Clinck is a simple tool to make digital business cards. The process here is to send your digital business card to a recipient’s email inbox. From there, they have the option to import your details to their phone book contacts.
Clinck does not have special features. It is a basic software program where you create a contact table for yourself. The only way to send this to your target recipient is through email.
Unlike other business card creators, you cannot use QR codes or send them via social media. You must use the app and enter the email address of the recipient to make it work.
- Easy to use
- Straightforward process
- 100% free
- Not a lot of features to use
- Not the best for big companies
Clinck is 100% free, and you can get it here. For corporations, you must contact them for pricing.
Best for people who also want a team management app.
Pricing: Free with two paid plans
Kado is a unique app that combines a digital business card creator and a team manager. You can share your cards in many ways, such as through a QR code, Outlook, and links.
- Syncing – you can sync your contacts from Outlook and Gmail to the business card app.
- Personalized Buttons – you can add buttons to your phone book for each new person or card you add.
- Note Sharing – you can add notes to the business card and share them with your team.
- Integration – you can integrate the app with Outlook, LinkedIn, Gmail, and Google Calendar.
- Has several integration options
- You can sync your LinkedIn contacts
- Has a team management option
- The app can take notes with a voice-to-text algorithm
- You need to pay to get some services that you can get for free from other apps
- Free – customize your digital card and have up to three users.
- Teams – costs $3.71 per month; have an unlimited number of users and manage your teams from the same application.
- Business – costs $7.48 per month; enjoy Outlook integration and premium onboarding.
You can get Kado for free now with this link!
Digital business cards are those that you share via email, at least most of the time. On most occasions, the digital business card is something you place right below your signature.
A digital business card looks like a regular card with your name, title, or position. It can also have your business address if you want to share it.
The thing is that digital business cards no longer contain all sorts of ways to communicate with you. You must include your social media accounts in paper business cards, which could be a lot.
With a digital business card, the person viewing it simply has to click on it, and he will get routed to a page containing all the details he needs about you.
Before you choose from the list of the best virtual business card makers, below are some pointers I want to make to help you make the right decision.
The main purpose of a business card is to give it to somebody who is likely to do business with you. In the physical world, you want paper business cards that you can distribute to many people.
Now that you have a digital business card, it is appropriate that you should be able to share it in so many ways. After all, your goal is to reach as many people as possible. Below are some of the best ways to share your digital business card.
- QR Code – the best digital business cards come with a QR code. The person you want to share it with simply has to scan it, and then he will be able to see your business card.
- Text – a digital business card that you can share via text is awesome. To make it work, you simply go to your digital business card and then tap on a share icon via SMS.
- Email – most apps have this feature where you tap an icon to be able to share the digital business card through email. Once you tap it, there is an area where you can type the recipient’s email address.
There are other ways by which you can share your digital business cards, as shown below:
- Apple Watch
- A widget that you can use on your website or email signature
The best virtual business card is one that allows you to share your virtual business cards in many ways.
Some digital business card apps have limited social media coverage. Below are some of the most common social media profiles that you should be able to toggle ad edit.
It is also ideal that the digital business card app has a provision where you can put your website. On top of that, it would be an excellent deal if you could also add some networks that are not as popular, but you want to add them anyway.
One of the things you must consider is the extent of how much you can edit on the digital card. Below are some things to consider.
- Title and Company – you should be able to add and edit your title and your company at any given time.
- Contact Information – you should be able to choose what you want to put there, such as your email and phone number.
- Location – the location of your business; you should also be able to remove the location if you do not want people to see it.
- Photo or Video – you should have a choice as to how people can see you. Advanced digital business card makers allow you to put a photo or video. You should also be able to remove it if you change your mind.
- Logo and Branding – an excellent digital business card maker should have a provision where you can upload your log and brand name. It should also not brand itself in your business card to prevent your clients from getting confused.
Of course, a free digital business card maker is the best option. After all, it is a tad impractical to pay for something as simple as a card when you can easily share your social media links.
Do not worry; most electronic business card makers are free. If I may suggest, pay only for one if you have a big business and need a more “professional touch” in your digital cards.
Below are some things I recommend you do to create the best electronic business cards. I
You must search for people like you online and check out their business cards. I am sure that you will get ideas on how they present themselves online.
I am not saying that you should copy their content. All I am saying is that you can get ideas from them. After all, if you belong to the same industry and do the same thing, it is just appropriate to keep up with trends.
Do not settle for only one design. The electronic business card apps that I shared with you allow you to create multiple versions of them.
From here, I recommend that you check them out and think carefully about which one you want to use. Sometimes, having separate digital business cards is a good idea if you have multiple businesses.
There are so many things you can put on your virtual business card. It can be tempting to cram so many things in there, especially since it is digital.
You have to approach it the same way you work with a physical business card. Do not put too much information as it overwhelms the viewer. Instead, trim it down to the essentials only.
You can make your digital business card amusing or serious. You can make it dark or light—it is all up to you. Make sure that when you design your card, you create it close to your industry standards or your personality. Do not just copy from other people.
1. What is an electronic business card?
Electronic business cards are business cards that you make online. Then, you also share them online. It makes sense because you no longer have to print physical business cards. A traditional business card kills many trees, which is not good for the environment.
2. Are digital business cards helpful?
Yes, digital business cards are helpful. Without them, you would have difficulty consolidating your information, let alone having a single type of card you can share. You can share a virtual business card in many ways and on many platforms.
3. What should go on a digital business card?
The ideal stuff that goes to digital cards is your contact details, title, company name, and position. Of course, you can add more if you like, such as your website, TikTok or YouTube channel, and other things that can help you increase your sales.
4. How do you make a digital business card?
To make digital business cards, you need a software program. Registration for these online software programs is free. My list above has the best digital business card creator programs you can use today.
The best one I recommend is HayStack. It has a powerful system that allows you to create unique cards that you can share in many ways. It also has integration options and a business card reader.
Here is the list of the best business card creator apps:
- Haystack – Best for people who want to have vanity URLs and CRM integration.
- Switchit – Best for people who want to add files to their business cards
- L-Card – Best for people who want to integrate the design process with CANVA.
- HiHello – Best for companies that need single-sign-on features.
- eVaunt – Best for people who want a simple, no-fuss digital business card
- Clinck – Best for people who want a simple digital business card sent via email.
- Kado – Best for people who also want a team management app.