Add to that the many movies you see on Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and more. Surely you want to download some of these? If yes, let me share the best video downloaders for Windows 10. Some of these can also work on Mac or Android, and others on iOS.
I tried them all—and many others I no longer included in the list. While many video downloaders work on browsers, I chose those that need installation because they are more powerful.
The ones I have on the list should help you decide which one to use. All of them are great. After that, it is only a matter of picking which other features you want to come with the video downloader.
Let us get started!
Here’s our list of the best video downloaders for Windows 10:
- ByClick Downloader
- 4K Video Downloader
- YTD Video Downloader
- aTube Catcher
- Freemake Video Downloader
Price: Free and paid ($3.99 per year or $4.99 for unlimited use)
Supported file formats: MP3, WMV, 3GP, WEBM, MP4, AVI, FLV, , MKV, WAV, AAC and M4A
ByClick Downloader is one of the best free YouTube downloader programs out there. However, unlike most video downloader programs, you must install this on your computer.
I like that ByClick supports many file types and can copy videos from many websites. Here are some examples:
If you want, you can use ByClick to get videos from Instagram, edit them, and then use it to make money on Instagram. ByClick is also easy to use. You only have to find the video you want and copy that URL to the downloader software.
- YouTube Playlist – you can download playlists from YouTube with a single click
- Sites Supported – you can download videos from many websites, not just YouTube and Twitch
- Ad-Free – no annoying advertisement if you get the paid version
- Download Subtitle – you can download the subtitle of a video, not just the video and the audio
- Easy to use
- Supports several file types
- You can download videos from many websites
- HD and 4K quality
- It only works on Windows; you need a different program to download it on Mac
- Cannot download entire channels
- It must be installed; it does not work on a browser
ByClick Downloader is free, and you can download it here.
Compatibility: Windows and Android
Price: Free and paid ($45.55 for the premium package)
Supported file formats: MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, and others
The 4K Video Downloader is what you need if you want to download videos quickly and easily. It can download subtitles if you want, and you can download high quality videos in HD format.
We have a detailed review of the 4K Video Downloader that you can read. This review will give you a detailed insight into this app.
- Slideshows – you can use the video downloader to create slideshows that you can publish as videos
- Extraction – it is up to you if you want to extract the video or audio from YouTube videos, or both
- Instagram – downloading videos is not the only thing it can do; you can download Instagram stories and reels
- Easy to use
- There is a free version
- Supports many types of files
- Fast downloads
- Downloading YouTube videos includes playlists
- You need to pay to get the most out of it
You can try the 4K Video Downloader here for free.
Read a complete 4k download review here.
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Price: At least $19 per month
Supported file formats: MP3, M4A, AC3, WMA, WAV, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, MRB, and more
AllMyTube is a product of Wondershare, the same company that owns Filmora, a video editing tool. I like that this video downloader allows me to transfer the videos to my devices.
- Direct to MP3 – you can directly download videos from many sites into MP3 format
- Save Audio – you can save the audio of a video and then convert it as an audio file only
- Video Conversion – you can convert the videos into another file type, such as AVI, MPG, MKV, etc.
- File Transfer – you can convert the downloaded videos into ones that iPod can read. In addition, you can convert them into files suitable for your devices.
- Supports many types of files
- You can transfer from PC to Android
- Download multiple videos in several formats
- It can convert a video to HD
- No free account
Get AllMyTube here and see what it can do!
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Price: Free with a paid plan ($2.16 per month)
Supported file formats: HEVC, MP4, MP3, and others
I like to download videos with VideoProc because it also comes with a video editor. Because of this, I no longer have to buy a separate video editor to edit a downloaded video.
VideoProc is compatible with Mac and Windows, and you can also use it as a file converter. So, when you take this, you do not get the best free video downloader but also a file converter.
- Stabilize Video – you can stabilize videos from shaky video footage that came from a GoPro device or even a phone.
- Fix the Fisheye – when downloading videos, you can correct fisheye lens distortions from an action camera.
- Many Sites – you can download videos not only from Youtube but also from streaming sites like Twitch.
- Noise Reduction – you can use the editor to remove noise like wind or water noise from the video background.
- Powerful video editor
- Lots of features
- Can convert youtube videos to iPhone and Android formats
- You can make GIFs and remove video and audio noise
- Limited usage for free accounts
You can try VideoProc for free here.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, and Android
Price: Free plus paid ($12.95 to $45.95)
Supported file formats: MP3, 4K, MP4, and many others
iTubego is what you need to download videos or save videos that you found on YouTube. It is one of the best video downloaders if you want to grab a video from streaming sites like Twitch.
- Android – it has a video downloader app for android devices
- Music Downloader – the online video downloader can also download songs from Spotify and other music apps if you buy the bundle.
- Formats – the default format for downloading a video is MP4, but you can change it before you even begin the download.
- Ease To Use – all you have to do is copy and paste the URL of the video or audio source and hit the “download” button
- The free downloader has many features
- You can use it for downloading online videos for your Android device
- You must get a paid bundled version for Mac
You can get the free version of iTubego here.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Price: Free with a PRO plan that costs between $4 and $8
Supported file formats: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MP3, 3GP
I like YTD because it allows me to download videos as a playlist. It is an essential factor or capability if you want to download online courses from YouTube.
- Multiple Sites – you can download videos from YouTube, TikTok, Facebook, Vimeo, and many other sites. You can use it to copy videos if you sell on Facebook.
- Playlist – you can download videos from a playlist in one click.
- Unlimited – if you get the paid plan, you can enjoy unlimited downloads.
- Ultra-Fast Speed – you download videos at fast speeds, provided that you also have fast internet; no need to wait a long time.
- The downloaded video is in 8K resolution, if you want
- The video downloader app can download from more than 50 sites
- Works on Windows XP, Vista, and advanced versions of Windows
- You can download videos to devices like iPod, Samsung, Blackberry, iOS phones, and others
- There is a paid subscription for the other features
- The video converter has limitations on file types
- Cannot extract audio only
You can test YTD Video Downloader here to download videos.
Supported file formats: MPG, MP4, AVI, 3G2, WMV, and many more.
aTube Catcher is something you need if you convert downloaded videos and also need a screen recorder. Yes, it comes with a screen recorder, which you can also use for your videos. It is the best free video downloader for people who have a channel.
- Video Export – the online video converter can export videos in different resolutions. You also have the option to download just the audio.
- File Types – this video downloader also supports uncommon file types such as PSP, FLV, and 3G2
- Property Settings – you can toggle the properties of the video, such as the aspect ratio and frames per second
- You can download audio only
- It supports a lot of file types
- You can record the video on DVD
- It can be a little difficult to use at first
- The user interface is a tad confusing
You can download and test this software for free here.
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Price: Free and paid ($129 to $199)
Supported file formats: MP4, MV, WEBM, and others
CleverGet is what I recommend if you want an effortless process for downloading videos. What makes it different is that it not only downloads videos from YouTube but also streaming sites like Hulu and Netflix. You can even use it in Disney+.
- Streaming – you can download videos not only from YouTube and Twitch but also Netflix, Hulu, etc. You can use these videos for your movie reviews and make money on YouTube.
- File Quality – you can choose what quality of video you want, up to 8K.
- Multi-Sites – it can download videos from more than 1,000 websites
- Built-In Browser – the program comes with a built-in browser, making it easier for you to download videos
- Can download from more than 1,000 sites
- It can download from Netflix and other on-demand video sites
- 320 KBPS audio download capacity
- Supports multiple file types
- You have to pay to get the most out of it
You can get CleverGet for free here now!
Compatibility: Windows and Mac
Supported file formats: HD, MP4, AVI, 3GP, FLV, and many more
Freemake is the best downloader you need if you want access to thousands of sites. It has been around for ten years, and more than 93 million people use the website.
- Supports Many Sites – this downloader can extract videos from over 10,000 websites. Yes, that is 10,000, not one thousand.
- Quality – the downloader supports video download of 4K and HD
- No Limits – you can save any YouTube video even if that video was set to be un-downloadable
- Fast Download – it takes only a few minutes to download long videos
- Fast downloads
- Can download from thousands of websites
- Free to use
- Can save full channels
- High-quality downloaded videos
- Can upload to Google Drive or Dropbox
- No extra services or features
You can get Freemake here for free!
A video downloader is a software program you can use to downloaded videos. Unfortunately, you cannot just grab videos from websites like YouTube or Twitch, especially if you are not the video owner.
You can indeed download YouTube videos, but the downloaded file on your mobile device is not MP4—it is not a video. Rather, it is merely a different file that will only play on the YouTube app.
You do not like this. What you want to do is to download and convert videos for personal use. Furthermore, you want these videos that you can manipulate and edit.
You need video downloaders, which come with different capabilities to do this. Some of them are free, and some are not. Some can download multiple videos and convert video and audio files.
There are different steps to download videos. However, most steps you must follow are similar, especially for free video downloaders.
Here are the most common steps:
- Step 1: Look for the video you want to download
- Step 2: Copy the URL for that video
- Step 3: Paste the URL of the video on the space provided by the video downloader
- Step 4: Click on the “download” button
After clicking “download,” the system will download videos according to your internet speed. It is also up to the video converter how it extracts and downloads files.
The free video you get will be in your chosen downloads folder. Take note that the video quality may vary. Some video downloaders allow you to convert videos. For example, a 4K video downloader can give you a higher-resolution video file.
Almost all video downloaders for Windows are free. They have to do this because it is not as complicated a system as one would think.
For those that charge money, they offer a video downloader software program and other services. For example, KeepVid offers a video downloader and video converter for free. However, you can only use HD exports, AI background remover, and many more if you pay a subscription per month.
Here are some of my tips on how you can choose the best video downloaders for Windows:
- Ease of Use – if possible, choose a video downloader software program where it is easy to download online videos. When I say easy, the method I prefer is to copy and paste the video source link or its URL. It has to be simple as that. Anything more complicated is not an ideal video downloader.
- Video Length – you must be able to download a lengthy online video without any problem. Sadly, some video downloader programs limit you to a few minutes only. The ideal video program for downloading videos is one that can download any video length without compromising the video quality.
- Price – the last thing you want to check is the price. There are many free video downloader programs out there that can provide you with what you want. However, you must only pay for a video downloader if you also want other features, which I will explain below.
There are some video downloaders where you can also enjoy video editing services. Below are some examples of what the best video downloaders can do:
- Convert video and audio files
- Increase the processing speed when downloading videos
- Remove the background of downloaded videos
- Use text-to-speech on the videos
Some free video downloaders can provide you with these features, but with certain limits. So, I recommend you carefully check the ones I have on this list before choosing one.
1. Can I use a Windows 10 video downloader on macOS?
Yes, most of the time. Almost all video downloader programs work on a browser. There is no need to install the system, so they are also highly likely to work on macOS.
2. How to download a YouTube video
To download YouTube videos, click the video that you want to watch. Next, copy the URL, then paste it on the video downloader. Once done, click on the “download” button. The downloaded videos will go to your specified downloads folder.
3. Will a video downloader slow down my PC?
No, it will not slow down your PC. However, one must take note that downloading videos would eat up internet bandwidth. As such, you may have a sluggish internet experience. If you have a powerful PC, this should not be a problem.
4. Which is the best browser to download videos for PC?
In my opinion, the best is ByClick. It is my preferred best video downloader software because it supports all video file types. In addition, it is free, and you can toggle the settings to determine the video quality you want.
5. What audio quality conversion is supported by converters?
The audio quality conversion file types supported by converters are typically MP3, M4A, Wav, and WMA. Beyond these types, you cannot expect a free video downloader to provide anything more.
Here is a quick summary of the best free video downloader programs you can use today:
- ByClick Downloader – best for people who want to download YouTube videos in HD.
- 4K Video Downloader – best for people who want to download on Android devices.
- AllMyTube – best for people who are already using the Wondershare platform.
- VideoProc – best for people who also need a video editor.
- iTubeGo – best for people who love downloading videos from YouTube.
- YTD Video Downloader – best for people who want to save videos as MP3 or MP4.
- aTube Catcher – best for people who need the best video downloaders in different languages.
- CleverGet – best for people who want high-resolution videos up to 8K.
- Freemake Video Downloader – best for people who want a powerful but free video downloader.
In my opinion, the best video downloader of all is ByClick Downloader. It has a free version, and the paid one is really affordable. As the best free video downloader, I like that it can download videos from many websites.
You will also love the fact that ByClick supports many file types and can convert videos and audio files into the format that you want.