Have you watched videos on TikTok and wished yours were of similar, if not higher, standards?
Even though TikTok lets you upload and record videos, you need to add some spice. Perhaps a little dancing, lip-syncing, or soundtrack will do the trick.
The app has editing tools but these cannot handle complex editing to get your videos to the next level.
What must you do to make your videos stand out, trend, or go viral? Use the best video editing apps.
I will share with you the seven best online TikTok video editing apps that will help make your content irresistible.
Let’s dive in.
- Filmora Go Video Editor
- Adobe Rush
- InShot Video Editor
- VSDC Video Editor
Best for beginner Apple users with little to no video editing skills.
iMovie Tik Tok video editing tool boasts a streamlined design.
It works across Apple devices, meaning you can start your project on an iPhone and wrap it up on your Mackintosh.
The video editor is ideal for editing TikTok videos in 4K resolution.
You can learn to use the tool even without video editing skills.
There are plenty of features to utilize, including themes, trailer templates, and voiceovers.
I can safely rate it as a mobile and desktop TikTok video editor.
- Templates: It has 29 templates for TikTok video trailers, each loaded with awesome graphics.
- Video enhancement: It allows you to enhance your content by adding travel maps, 3D globes, and titles.
- Soundtracks: The online tool uses the iTunes library, built-in music, and sound effects that enable you to create soundtracks.
- Drop zones: It has animated drop zones where you can select videos and photos to include in your finished product.
- It has a cinematic mode.
- The online tool delivers high-quality TikTok videos.
- You can edit 4K videos with the tool.
- It has a rich stock of customizable templates and themes.
- The tool is only accessible to Apple users.
- It requires a lot of learning before familiarization.
iMovie is a free resource on Apple Store.
Use this link to download the video editing tool online.
Best for skilled or professional video editors.
Wondershare Filmora Go is an easy-to-use video editing software.
I picked it up because of its wide-range features that would come in handy for your TikTok videos.
Getting started is easy; you only need to shoot a video and introduce it to the editor. You can also opt to start editing videos from scratch or choose one of the many available templates.
Have you worked with templates before? You need not worry. This TikTok videos editor will do everything else. Your task is only to add video clips or photos, as many as you deem necessary.
You will also enjoy speed ramping, beat synchronization, and masking the clips.
Filmora Go works on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Effects: It offers a diverse audio and visual effects collection.
- Music: Its music library has a rich collection.
- Syncing: You can depend on it to sync your video and audio clips
- Voiceover button: Use this to narrate your videos like a pro.
- The editing tool lets you split videos.
- It comes with text and video transition customization options
- It offers advanced features for editing animated TikTok videos.
- Too many edits will slow down the tool.
You can try the editor’s free version, while the premium version is as follows:
- Month plan: $19.99/Month
- Annual plan: $49.99/Month (most popular)
- Perpetual plan: $79.99
Here is the link to download this TikTok video editing software.
Best for both beginners and experienced video editors.
Adobe Premier Rush helps you create and edit short TikTok videos.
Adding color grading effects, adjusting your video aspect ratio, and using motion graphics are among the options at your disposal.
Even more exciting for you is that you can adjust a video’s shadow, vibrance, or exposure.
Another aspect I liked is that you don’t need to be a video editing pro to use this app.
The app has a vast feature array. You can test a few to see how your video emerges.
It supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Transitions: It allows you to make video transitions that match your needs.
- Templates: The app has built-in templates that you can use to customize video titles.
- Voiceovers: You can make voiceovers or duck audio
- Color adjustment: The video editor offers preset and manual color correction options.
- Video speed: You can adjust the speed of your content to give it a professional appeal.
- Compatibility: It allows you to post the completed video directly to TikTok and integrates with other video editing software.
- Beginners can learn through its video editing tutorials.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- The app offers you a free well-stocked sound library.
- The videos exported to TikTok retain their aspect ratios.
- It lacks storyboard templates
- It has fewer audio tools than other editors of its caliber.
You can go for the free version with 2GB of cloud storage. However, you only get three video exports per month.
The paid plan costs $9.99/month with 100GB of cloud storage and unlimited exports.
Use this link to download the TikTok video editing app.
Best for sharing edited work on TikTok and other social networks.
InShot Video Editor enables you to perform editing tasks such as altering playback speed, cutting or trimming video clips, and merging videos.
It also lets you add music and choose audio-visual effects. The freedom to introduce your own music is a welcome relief as the app does not have royalty-free songs.
Besides, all the videos you create using the free version have a watermark.
I also loved its stickers stock that always comes in handy when you want to overlay your videos.
InShot lets you drag the overlays around.
The TikTok video editing app is available in Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
It runs on both Android and iOS, making it a mobile-only video editing app.
- Video editing tools: The app has a rich collection of useful instruments, including split and cut, trim videos, and background blur.
- Multiple videos: InShot lets you combine videos
- Video effects: It comes with effect-changing tools such as contrast, brightness adjustment, color saturation, and movie-style filters.
- It is beginner friendly, with tips on how to perform specific tasks.
- The online tool allows video exports to other social media platforms besides TikTok.
It leaves a watermark on all the videos that you can only remove on the premium version.
It is a free resource with the following in-app pricing options:
- $3.99 One-time fee
- $29.99 forever
Best for lip-syncing TikTokers.
Vizmato offers you over 20 video themes and hundreds of music tunes.
It also has a content creators community where you can join, learn, and share video editing tips.
The app lets you play music and apply visual effects while you’re still recording a video.
So, if you love lip-syncing videos, this online video editing tool is an excellent choice.
However, there are watermarks on your final videos whose removal requires upgrading to the paid version.
Overall, Vizmato helps you create impressive slides and videos to share on TikTok.
You can install this online editor on your Android and iOS devices, making it another mobile-only TikTok video editor in this review.
- Customized stickers and text.
- Editing tools: Vizmato’s resource bank has video clipping and trimming tools
- Visual effects and video themes: The app has 40+ visual effects and 20+ video themes for customizing your videos.
- HD recorder: It enables you to play music and add visual effects.
- It offers numerous lip-syncing options.
- You can customize video frames.
- It has plenty of exciting voice modulators.
- It is an expensive app.
- Edited videos come with a watermark.
You have the option of using the free or paid version.
Its pricing plan comprises an $11.99 annual subscription with a seven-day free trial.
Additionally, it has in-app purchases ranging from $0.99 to $29.99.
Best for editing 3D animated TikTok videos.
OpenShot is a desktop TikTok video editor with a short learning curve and is easy to use.
This video editor involves very little work, but the results are impressive.
I recommend this video editor tool to TikTokers that are not well conversant with advanced editing software.
It lets you trim videos to accommodate the perfect moments you intend to showcase.
Additionally, you can add sounds to your videos.
The tool has built-in background videos that you can re-arrange and add titles to suit your needs.
The software supports Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. It is purely a desktop video editor.
- The tool trims and crops videos.
- It has numerous keyframes and animations.
- It offers you unlimited audio tracks to incorporate into your videos.
- It has a waveform visual for audio files.
- The video editing app lets you create 3D or 2D animations.
- It supports slow-motion video effects.
- Its drag-and-drop feature lets you move images, audio, and videos from a file manager.
- It is free software.
- The video editing app has a simple user interface.
- It leaves no watermarks on the edited videos.
- The developers update it frequently.
- You can export edited videos to numerous social networks.
- Updates on the software are, at times, very irritating.
- Video exports to TikTok are slow.
This software is a free resource.
Visit this link to download OpenShot TikTok video editing software.
Best for simple to complex TikTok video editing.
VSDC Video Editor offers professional editing tools that simplify your creative work.
It comes with multiple modes that help prime your TikTok videos with a few clicks of a button.
The TikTok video editor also boasts useful features such as video stabilization and picture-in-picture.
It can download multiple YouTube videos simultaneously.
The software supports Windows operating software, and I placed it under the desktop-only TikTok video editors.
- Tools: It offers 360 video editing, zoom, and color correction, among others.
- Chroma Key: This is a feature you use to remove the green backgrounds on TikTok videos.
- The video editing app provides a rich collection of filters, effects, and video transitions.
- It supports popular video formats.
- Tutorials: The software has tutorials that come in handy for users with rudimentary editing skills.
- Screen Recorder: It allows you to capture videos on your desktop.
- Video capture: The tool captures video files from external devices such as webcams and video tuners.
- The free version leaves no watermarks on edited videos.
- It supports simple and advanced video editing functions.
- The app has numerous audio effects, and you are spoilt for choice.
- It only supports the Windows platform.
- The tool has a slight learning curve for beginners.
It is a free resource, but you can subscribe to a Pro version at $19.99.
Click here to download and start using VSDC Video Editor.
First, I will show you how to create a video on TikTok. Open your TikTok home page.
- Tap the plus sign on your TikTok account’s home screen.
- Next, click on the red circular button, the record button.
Next, I will demonstrate how to edit your video
- Locate the sounds icon at the top of your screen. Clicking on this icon enables you to add audio effects to a video.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, you will see more editing icons such as speed, beauty, video filters and timer icons.
- Click on speed to increase or reduce playback speed.
- You can also adjust your video volume, trim its length and add text layers, filters and stickers.
These tools are all you have to create and post TikTok videos.
For polished and more engaging content, you can use TikTok video editing software. The best TikTok video editors are in this review.
1. Does TikTok have video editing?
Yes, it does, but the editing tools on TikTok are elementary.
Once you record or upload a video, you will see various editing options on your screen.
They have white icons are on the right side of your screen.
The app offers features that let you trim a video, add filters, add stickers, add text, and use effects.
2. What is the best video editing app for TikTok?
The best app depends on your editing skills and user platform.
If you are an Apple user and have no editing skills, I recommend using iMovie.
Wondershare Filmora Go is an excellent option for video editing pros. The video editing app supports mobile and desktop platforms.
Are you a lip-syncing TikTok fan? I have the best video editing app for you; Vizmato.
3. How Do I Get Sound Effects for TikTok Videos?
You can add sound effects once you’ve filmed a video. Here are the prompts.
4. How do you make a good Tik Tok video?
Decide whether you want a dance or slow-motion video. These are the most viral.
Record your video using the in-app camera or upload one from your saved videos library.
Make it short, use trending sounds and hashtags, or hop on a trend.
Tell your audience a story but skip some details for the next videos.
5. Can you edit a TikTok video after posting?
You cannot, as TikTok does not have an edit button.
If you are unhappy with a video or would love to change a few things, first save it to your device.
Delete it after that and edit the text, effects, video filters, and other aspects provided on the app.
Upload it afresh once you are satisfied that it meets your expectations.
TikTok allows you to upload unique content into your profile. However, it is not always easy to stand out, thanks to fierce competition from other content creators.
Therefore, you must ensure you only share quality videos.
Third-party TikTok editing apps help improve your video quality before sharing it on the social network.
Picking the best TikTok video editing apps is not a hard thing to do.
You only need to find a perfect balance between what you want to achieve and what the tool delivers.
All the video editing apps for TikTok I have shared can help you improve your video quality.
Pick what favors you, showcase your skills, entertain and tell gripping stories that grab your followers’ attention.
In concluding the review, I can summarize the 7 best online TikTok video editing apps. Here they are:
- iMovie – Best for beginner Apple users with little to no video editing skills.
- Wondershare Filmora Go – Best for skilled or professional video editors.
- Adobe Premier Rush – Best for both beginners and experienced video editors.
- InShot Video Editor – Best for sharing edited work on TikTok and other social networks.
- Vizmato – Best for lip-syncing TikTokers.
- OpenShot – Best for editing 3D animated TikTok videos.
- VSDC Video Editor – Best for simple to complex TikTok video editing.
- YouTube to MP3 Converters
- YouTube to MP4 Converters
- YouTube to WAV Converter
- Chrome Video Downloader
- Instagram Video Downloader
- TikTok Video Downloaders
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Facebook Video Downloader
- Twitter Video Downloader
- Instagram Story Viewer Apps
- Download TikTok Videos
- Download YouTube Videos
- YouTube Subtitle Downloaders
- YouTube Playlist Downloaders
- Free Video Converter Software
- MOV to MP4 Converters
- AVI to MP4 Converters