One big pain of a growing company is consolidation. You use too many software, and there will come a time when you need to integrate them into one.
The solution to this is ERP or enterprise resource management software. The question is: which one? There are so many out there, and I will help you make the right decision today.
Choosing an enterprise resource planning software program is like choosing the best webinar software. You want to be able to integrate many business functions into it.
Today, I will provide you with the best business management software for enterprise resource planning. The process I used is the same as how I selected the best Amazon PPC management software. I based my options on the tools’ features, price, and usefulness.
I used many of these tools; some I got to review from my friends. I have first-hand experience with how these business management solution programs work. In the end, I hope I was able to help you make a wise business decision.
1. NetSuite – Best ERP software system for SAP business or a similar big enterprise.
2. Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Best for companies that depend on Microsoft programs.
3. Oracle ERP Cloud – Best ERP software system for business functions that needs analytics.
4. SAP Business ERP – Best for businesses that look forward to expanding operations.
5. Compiere – Best enterprise resource planning software for industrial manufacturing.
6. Bitrix24 – Best free ERP for project management.
7. ERPNext – Best ERP that is free and open source.
8. Odoo – Best ERP for people who only want specific systems for specific tasks.
Best ERP software system for those who have SAP business or a similar big enterprise.
Pricing: There is no fixed price for this ERP solution.
Unique Feature: Complete suite of features that any business can want.
NetSuite ERP is the best of all companies that offer an ERP software program. It has inventory management, business management software, financial management, and much more.
Here are the things it can do:
- ERP by business type, by role, or by current software
- Omni-channel commerce
- Business analysis
- Business scaling
- Order management
- Customer support
In addition, the NetSuite ERP is an all-in-one solution for those who want their data to be in the cloud. The cloud ERP allows your employees to access data no matter where they are.
- Financials and Accounting – manage your accounting processes; list your expenses and calculate your business taxes, fixed costs, and operating costs in one place. The system can also generate reports so you know whether your business is profitable or not.
- Order Management – manage orders of customers; with only a few clicks, you can tag orders as pending or fulfilled. In addition, the order management software allows you to make several teams work together and view the status of each order.
- Inventory Management – you no longer need a separate inventory management software program, as it is already on this platform.
- Sourcing and Procurement – whether you want to source for human resources or physical products, you can do all that with this platform. You can place orders, list down what you need, and pass that task to somebody to fulfill.
- Warehousing – the system allows you to list your inventory and see which warehouse has many products. From here, you can either add more products to a particular location or move them to another.
- Customer Support – if you need to provide service to your customers, you can use the system to acquire and store customer data. Then, when customers call, the agent who handles it has a single dashboard to view so he can help the customer.
- Highly customizable
- Has a complete suite of any management software you need
- Dependability of the software
- Excellent for scalability
There is no pricing table on the website of NetSuite. As a big company, it caters to big companies, too. As such, they charge according to what you need. On average, it costs $999 per month as a licensing fee, and then you must pay $99 per month per user.
Best for companies that have a dependency on Microsoft programs.
Pricing: You can start using the software for free; prices depend on the actual service you get.
Unique Feature: Works best for people who are in the Microsoft universe.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is the company’s answer to businesses’ enterprise resource planning needs. Microsoft focused on consumer products for a long time but has now entered the ERP software market.
Here are the things it can do:
- Customer relationship management
- Human capital management
- Project management
- Enterprise resource planning
- Analysis and reporting
- Integration with fieldwork
In addition to all these, the cloud ERP can also do marketing. For example, you can create a closed-loop process to ensure your customer journey is 100% satisfying.
All in all, the ERP systems available in the Microsoft platform lean towards customer acquisition, conversion, and customer service.
- Customer Service – you can provide customer service with the ERP systems of Microsoft. For example, a customer can contact you, and your agent can respond on this platform.
- Field Service – you can use the system to coordinate people in the office with those in the field. For example, people installing cables can view the work order from an app and fulfill it there.
- Remote Assist – with the remote assist, you can contact your customer. Video call is available, and you can access the customer’s files and data automatically once the two of you are connected.
- Marketing – the marketing feature not only allows you to create materials for conversion. It also can predict and deliver your marketing content to the right channels.
- Sales – you can process sales from the system and get insights about your sales. You can use Microsoft’s powerful analytics program to make wise business decisions.
- Customer Data Platform – this feature gives you a 360-degree view of what your customers go through, from marketing to customer service. Use it to improve customer loyalty.
- Works best on the Microsoft operating system and platform
- Integration with your Microsoft business accounts
- It has a complete suite of customer-oriented systems
- Has sales and marketing features
The price of this business management solution depends on the software you want to use. The ERP systems’ prices start at $20 but can go as high as $1500.
Best ERP software system for business functions that needs analytics.
Pricing: Prices vary according to what you need; you pay according to server use and bandwidth.
Unique Feature: This cloud ERP can handle many tasks such as project management, business processes and SAP business needs.
Oracle ERP Cloud is another brand to be reckoned with as far as ERP systems are concerned. The ERP used to be Oracle Fusion.
Here are the things it can do:
- AI and machine learning
- Compliance systems
- Hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Cloud regions and big data analytics
- Business intelligence
The product is called this way because big data analytics allows you to “foresee” or forecast what will happen to your business.
With Oracle ERP, what you get is a host of sub-platforms. You do not have to buy all these, as they have different price points for their services. However, you must contact their sales personnel to get personalized service and price.
- Financials – this business management solution allows you to do your accounting work. It has reporting and analytics; you can also do your payables and asset management.
- Procurement – this part of the system is where you manage your suppliers. You can also do sourcing, manage contracts, and expand your business network.
- Risk Management – some companies need to follow a standard for regulatory compliance. The Oracle ERP allows you to design, automate, and manage risk and compliance responsibilities.
- Supply Chain Management – you can plan your supply chain, manage your inventory, and manage your manufacturing processes in this system. In addition, you can fulfill orders on the platform.
- ERP Analytics – this area is where you analyze if your business is working. You can use the KPI management, best practices library, self-service, augmented analytics, publishing, and so much more.
- Has prediction models
- It simplifies work and prevents your employees from being bogged down
- There is an artificial intelligence that personalizes tasks
- It has a financial and accounting software
- General-purpose – starts at 0.0980 per hour with standard two cores
- Block Storage – $4.25 per month at 100 GB
- Private Connectivity – costs $1.275 per hour
- Data Egress – $0.0085 per GB per hour
These prices are starting prices only; you must use the cost estimator to fully understand how much it will cost you to use this system.
Best for businesses that look forward to expanding operations.
Pricing: No price is available for the SAP business ERP, but you can get it if you consult with them.
Unique Feature: Complete back-end processes from customer data management to service to internal business management.
The ERP systems of SAP have been around for a long while. They are great at what they do, and it is one of the main contenders against Oracle and Netsuite.
Here are the things it can do:
- Support financial planning and analysis
- Account and financial data management
- Cloud integration; accessible data from anywhere
- Management of suppliers
- Workforce management
- Procurement and sourcing
SAP is an excellent choice for managing business processes. You can also use this tool to engage with customers, manage your sales and marketing, or provide customer service.
- Financial Planning – this feature allows you to drive wise decision-making across various teams. With it, you can save time and reduce the possibility of errors that can be costly to your company.
- Customer Data – this is the enterprise resource planning software for customer onboarding, profile creation, etc. With it, you can give an online account to your customers where they can log in and update their profiles.
- Marketing – here, you can use the pre-built engines to drive sales. There are also engagement features where you can interact with your target consumers. It works across different sales channels.
- eCommerce – if you are not happy with the available platforms, you can ask the team to create an eCommerce site for you that meets your specifications. For example, if you do not have the best sites like Amazon and Shopify, you can make your own on this platform.
- Excellent for project management
- Highly scalable
- Works with human resources
- Has a complete suite of business management tools
The SAP business ERP has no fixed price, as they charge according to what you need. On average, they charge at least $22 per user for their ERP solutions.
Best enterprise resource planning software for industrial manufacturing.
Pricing: Available upon request only.
Unique Feature: The ERP system has specific features that will benefit those who have a manufacturing business.
Compiere is the product of a company called Aptean. The ERP systems that Aptean offers are modern and highly scalable.
Here are the things it can do:
- Cloud ERP
- Management for manufacturing processes
- Human resource and performance management
- Asset management
- Equipment management
Compiere is not your typical enterprise resource planning software. However, I strongly recommend this product to people who manage large-scale production businesses.
- Enterprise Asset Management – you can optimize your asset performance, reduce maintenance costs, and lower the total cost of ownership of your assets. In addition, this system will allow you to have visibility of your maintenance processes.
- Warehouse Management System – whether you have a restaurant or a delivery business, you can use this ERP system to manage your inventory, stocks, and the availability of products from various warehouses.
- Manufacturing Execution System – this is a system you use for business processes. It provides real-time data so you can reduce and manage production costs. It will also help you optimize your operations and get the best out of the efficiency of your processes.
- Aptean Respond – this product is their customer service and compliance system. You can create business processes to reduce risk and improve regulatory compliance here. You can also use it to provide customer service.
- Product Lifecycle Management – it is a tool that is best used by companies that manufacture perishable goods. The software can tell you if your products are still within the limits of their shelf-life.
The Aptean Respond is the particular software that houses not only processes but also customer data. It is a CRM on its own. An agent—your employee—can view customer information from here and log customer complaints.
I can say that Compiere is a complex project management and ERP system rolled into one. It specializes in big businesses, mostly those that deal with physical labor, manufacturing, and food.
- Ease of use
- Industry-specific features
- Has electronic data exchange
- Multiple business solutions
The Compiere ERP system price is not available. You must request a demo from the company and then schedule a call so they can determine what you need.
Best free ERP for project management.
Pricing: There is a free account and three paid ones.
Unique Feature: Apart from ERP, it has a complete suite of project management and human resource systems.
Here are the things it can do:
- Intranet portal for your employees
- Business process automation
- Project management
- Forms, lists, and ticketing systems
- Reports and analytics
- Enterprise-level social networking
Bitrix24 also offers a lot of integration options. For example, you can integrate MailChimp, Rest API, Dropbox, etc. In addition, you can create instructional videos that only your employees can access, which works best for onboarding new team members.
- Unlimited Users – one gripe of people like me is that I have to pay extra for any added user. With Bitrix24, you get an unlimited number of users even with the free account.
- Intranet – you can build a web environment accessible only to people who work in your company. With this tool, you can establish a knowledge base, standard procedures, and many other documents.
- Contact Center – your employees can work out a solution with your customers. If your customers have an issue, they can submit a ticket, and your employee can fix the problem.
- HR Management – you can use the system to manage your employees. For example, you can store employee data, create hiring processes, checklists, promotion standards, and many more.
- Group Management – use the system instant messaging app and create chat groups in the organization or team—it has anything you need to manage a group remotely.
Ultimately, Bitrix24 is not just a CRM but a complete suite of ERP solutions. The free account will not give you all these, but I recommend you try it. If you like it, feel free to upgrade to their affordable plans.
- There is a free account
- Loaded with features
- Upgrade only if you need more systems
- The platform is scalable
- Free – get unlimited users and features like HD videocalls, calendar, knowledgebase, and CRM.
- Basic – costs $39 per month with five users; get features like an online store, website builder, and 24 GB of bandwidth.
- Standard – costs $79 per month with 25 users; you now have access to the marketing and online documents features.
- Professional – costs $159 per month; get access to the Sales intelligence AI, business process automation, and HR management features.
You can get Bitrix24 for free now and upgrade later if you need more systems to add to your business.
Best ERP that is free and open source.
Pricing: There are free and paid plans.
Unique Feature: It is an open-source software program, which means it keeps getting updates.
ERPNext may sound new, but it isn’t. It has been around for quite a while, and I have to say that I am impressed with its features.
Here are the things it can do:
- Reporting and analytics
- Invoicing and financial management
- Profit and losses reports
- Order management
- HR and Payroll
Overall, ERPNext is a complete ERP despite being free. I recommend it to people who have a middle-sized business.
- Financial Accounting – use the system to input data for sales and expenses. Then, access the financial reports to get a view of your company’s profits and losses. You can also use it to calculate taxes.
- Order Management – fulfill customer orders in one place. If you integrate it with your eCommerce platform, orders will show in the system, and then you can pass them on to your team members for fulfillment.
- HR and Payroll – manage the complete lifecycle of your employees. You can also manage their payrolls, record attendance, etc. You can also use this system to create an onboarding process.
- Manufacturing – if you are producing goods, there is a system here that will allow you to streamline your operations. As a result, you can effectively maintain cycles and processes and optimize the output of your machines and employees.
- CRM Tools – use it to gather and keep customer data. There is an AI you can take advantage of like tracking leads, seeing opportunities, fixing issues, and improving customer loyalty and retention.
- Project Management – you can use the system for both internal and external projects. If you have clients, you can get status reports from the system and show the reports to them.
- There is a free account.
- You get all the ERP systems without any cost as long as you manage your servers.
- It has a lot of features like Kanban, point-of-sale, invoice, etc.
- Open-Source – free to use, but you have to hose your data and servers. You get all the modules, but you will be responsible for your security systems.
- Managed Hosting – costs $10 per month; it includes security updates and server monitoring.
- Enterprise – get specialized features at a price that you and the company will agree on.
Get the free and open-source software now to try this ERP free.
Best ERP for people who only want specific systems for specific tasks.
Pricing: Free to use with paid but upgraded versions for applications.
Unique Feature: The ERM is an app-based platform; choose what system you want to use.
Odoo is a good choice for an ERM program if you do not want your system crammed with applications you do not need. For example, you can use sales and marketing apps if these are the only things you need.
Here are the things that it can do:
- You can build websites and add blogs, forums, chat, etc. into it
- Use the system as a sales and customer service CRM
- Manage projects and operations
- Use it for marketing and conversion optimization
- Manage human resources
Once you sign up for an account, Odoo allows you to choose which apps you want to use. There is no need to get all of them, but you could if you wanted to.
I also like that Odoo has extra integrations. For example, you can integrate your DHL account with it. As such, you can print shipping labels and manage your shipping costs from the same dashboard.
- Financial and Accounting – manage your invoices and expenses and even use an integrated spreadsheet. You can upload documents and also do accounting work on this platform.
- Websites – you can build a website and turn it into an eCommerce store. You can also use it as a marketing channel and then integrate payment channels.
- Sales – use the system to integrate Amazon. If you do not have an Amazon store, you can integrate it with your website. It also supports subscriptions, rental, and point-of-sale transactions.
- Inventory – you can manage your inventory and manufacturing processes with this system. In addition, you can optimize your quality and monitor maintenance activities.
- Human Resources – from recruitment to employment and appraisals, the system has it all. You can even manage your fleet if you have a shipping or logistics business.
- Modern app-style environment
- Choose what you want; no need to get all the applications
- Free to use and open source
Odoo, being an open-source ERM program, is free to use. The free version is not insufficient, but only if you are running a small business. There are many apps that you can add to your ERM, and each app has a price.
An enterprise resource planning ERP program is a special kind of program that allows you to integrate several systems into one. You need an enterprise resource planning program once your business has grown.
For example, let us say that you started with the best Amazon inventory management system two years back. Now, you have warehouse management and supply chain management.
You want to put these three systems together, and this is where the enterprise resource planning ERP software program comes in. You put together all the systems in one place.
Many ERP vendors already have various systems in place. You gave the option to migrate your existing data to their system or start fresh, so you only work with one system when you start your business.
Here are some of the essential things you must look for in an ERP solution program:
What this means is the possibility of expansion. For now, you may only need financial management, but there will come a time when you also need inventory management and business intelligence programs.
Choose an enterprise resource planning program that has the capacity to add more processes.
Also, ensure that you can expand the size of the enterprise resource planning system—for example, can it accommodate 1,000 users at the same time?
In our business environment today, ERP vendors must take into account that most people work on mobile devices. As such, you must choose ERP solutions that your employees or team members can use on the go.
One important feature that you should look for is cloud ERP. It means that you do not have to store your data on your servers. Instead, the business data is in the cloud, accessible to employees anytime.
Old enterprise resource planning systems are clunky and not so user-friendly. They have too many texts, redundant processes, etc.
When picking an enterprise resource planning software program, choose one that meets the style of the current times. It has to be intuitive and easy to learn, even if it is the first time an employee accesses it.
The last thing to consider is the price. I am not saying that you must get the cheapest one. Make sure you align the price with your business functions.
For example, paying for a financial management system does not make sense if you do not need it. Take into account how many people can use the system, the up-time, etc., and then determine if the price is worth it or not.
1. What is ERP?
An ERP is an enterprise resource planning system. You use it to integrate many types of systems into one consolidated tool.
2. What are the parts of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)?
Here are the most common parts of an enterprise resource planning system:
3. What’s the difference between ERP and MRP?
MRP is material requirements planning system. It is a system that automatically calculates the materials you need for production. ERP solutions, however, do not just focus on one thing. You can also use an ERP for many purposes, such as project management and other business processes.
4. Who uses ERPs?
Big businesses are the ones that use an ERP solution. This is because they have so many processes that they need to integrate into one ERP software system.
5. What’s the most common ERP software?
The most common ERP solution is Oracle Cloud ERP. It is one of the biggest companies that make software programs for big businesses.
6. What are the benefits of ERP software?
The most common benefits of an enterprise resource planning ERP program are:
7. What are the typical features of ERP software?
The typical feature of ERP solutions programs is management features. It all depends on the type of management system that you want, but you will easily find financial, inventory, and human capital management from these ERP systems.
8. What is the best ERP software for my business?
The best ERP software for your program is the one that meets your needs. For example, it does not make sense to get an ERP solution program that cannot integrate accounting management if you are currently using an Amazon accounting software.
For big businesses, the best ERP software program that I recommend is NetSuite. It is versatile and comes from a company you can rely on.
The best ERP software program if you are just starting is Bitrix24. It is completely free. But then, it pales in comparison with NetSuite.