Apple users do not have any hitches watching MOV videos. The MOV format is standard for Apple devices.
However, an MOV file will not play on other devices owing to compatibility issues. You will need to convert it to the MP4 format.
Unlike MOV, MP4 is a universal video format that you can play on any device.
Despite the compatibility issue, both files are nearly similar.
Converting MOV to MP4 may sound like a confusing affair. Yet, it is not as long as you are conversant with MOV to MP4 converter software.
If you’ve used YouTube to MP3 or other converters before, the concept is the same.
To give you a headstart, I have prepared a review of the best MOV to MP4 converter for any device.
- Cloud Convert
- ZamZar Online File Conversion
- Movavi Video Converter
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
Best for wide-ranging file format conversions.
CloudConvert is a simple MOV to MP4 converter. It is a web-based resource that does not require downloading software.
All you need to do is add or drag your MOV file into its interface. After that, download the converted file.
The online converter can also work on files saved on Google Drive or Dropbox.
The software lets you perform a host of editing functions. For example, you can add subtitles, trim the video, or change its audio.
You can determine the output by adjusting audio volume, bitrate, and codec type.
- The free version offers 25 conversions daily, while the paid version has a daily limit of 500 conversions.
- It supports over 200 file formats.
- It has numerous settings, including file size, quality, and resolution.
- The software has a video trimming tool.
- It is a straightforward tool.
- The site delivers high-quality output.
- It supports video, audio, document, and image conversions.
- It is a slow converter.
- There is a conversion limit on the free version.
- Open the converter software in your browser.
- Confirm the conversion settings; they must be at MOV to MP4.
- Introduce the MOV file to the converter.
- Download the converted file using the link on the site.
CloudConvert is a free resource. You can also subscribe to the paid version.
Here is the link to download CloudConvert MOV to MP4 Converter.
Best for device-specific conversions.
Freemake Video Converter is a desktop tool. It is also a video downloader and a DVD ripper.
Its usage is straightforward; a first-time user will have no issues. Drag and drop your file onto the converter.
I liked the tool owing to its file handling capacity. It can convert files as heavy as 10 GB.
Moreover, the output file retains the same quality as the original.
Besides, Freemake converts both single and batch MOV files. You only need to change the conversion mode depending on your needs.
Also, the tool has video output options that you can adjust. These include video codecs, audio, resolution, and frame rate.
- It supports over 500 formats.
- The software can convert single and batch files.
- It has no file size limits and can convert large files.
- It comes with conversion presets for resolution, frame rate, and bitrate.
- Freemake delivers high-quality videos.
- You can save files directly to a memory disc.
- It has limitless downloads.
- There are hardly any software updates for the tool.
- Download and install the Freemake MOV to MP4 converter.
- Upload your MOV file to the downloader using the +Video button.
- Select MP4 as the conversion format.
- Edit your files as you see fit. The Scissors button activates an editing window.
- Choose your download parameters. Click the “to MP4” button.
- Convert and download the resulting MP4 file.
It is free software.
Use this link here to download and install the app.
Best for converting small files not exceeding 2 GB.
Zamzar Online File Conversion is a simple MOV to MP4 conversion software. It can convert your files with only three clicks of the mouse.
Select your file, choose MP4 as the output, and click convert. However, it lacks output video adjustment parameters.
Yet, it is a helpful tool if you need to convert small files fast. It boasts fast conversion; a 30MB file takes about three minutes.
ZamZar also converts documents, audio, and images. I found it to be an excellent learning aid for beginners.
- It can convert files in two ways: through files uploaded from a PC and via a URL link.
- The online converter supports numerous file formats.
- The paid plan has a larger capacity (2GB) than the free plan (50MB).
- It sends you an email notification upon downloading a file.
- You don’t need to download software or register an account.
- It safeguards your files.
- Downloaded files retain their initial quality.
- The premium version converts files at higher speeds than the free plan.
- The free version is slow.
- It has a 50MB file size limit.
- Open Zamzar by clicking its web link.
- Upload your video by clicking the Add Files button.
- You could also drag and drop the file on the user interface.
- Inserting a video URL is another alternative.
- Click Convert Now to initiate file conversion.
Zamzar lets you opt into the free or paid version.
Download the converter by clicking this link.
Best for rapid and high-quality MOV to MP4 conversions.
Movavi Video Converter is an impeccable tool with a sleek user interface. You can access its features easily.
It is swift and handles high-resolution files with ease. You will also appreciate its video editing abilities.
The tool wins the prize for efficiency and quality conversions.
- It has SuperSpeed technology that can convert large files at a terrific speed.
- Built-in editor: You can use Movavi to adjust color, trim or crop videos, add subtitles, and change resolution.
- Formats: The tool supports over 180 formats.
- Presets: Movavi has presets for all your devices, including iPad, iPhone, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- The app is super fast.
- It saves you time through batch file conversions.
- The tool upscales your video file quality.
- You can enhance your files by compressing and editing them using the software.
The free version lasts for a limited time, seven days.
- Launch Movavi on your device.
- Open your files using the Add Media button.
- Click “Open” to add your MOV files to the app.
- Specify the conversion format, MP4, in this case.
- You may edit and compress files before conversion or skip this step.
- Convert your file or files, as the case may be.
- Once complete, a folder with the converted video opens automatically.
It is a free online resource with a caveat. The free period lasts seven days, after which you must upgrade to a premium version.
Download Movavi using this link.
Best for video conversions to diverse output formats.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe boasts multiple file conversion abilities. It packs hundreds of editing options.
Most importantly, the tool delivers quality files. You cannot differentiate them from the originals.
There are minor pixelations, but they are hardly noticeable.
With 400+ conversion formats, you can optimize videos to play on nearly all devices.
The software has profiles for gaming systems, televisions, tablets, smartphones, and set-top boxes.
I also noticed that it had a unique workflow not found in other converters. After loading a file, the program sends you to a window. It is from this window that you pick a profile.
Nonetheless, beginners may find this converter a little confusing. However, that is not such a big deal, as you can learn to use the software within a short time.
- It has over 400 conversion profiles.
- The program supports over 200 codecs.
- It supports subtitles.
- It converts videos into HD and UHD formats.
- The online tool applies image enhancement, resulting in high-quality output.
- It offers a broad spectrum of conversion formats.
- You can download online videos using the software.
- There are plenty of features.
- It is slow compared to other tools in this review.
- The converter lacks video customization features.
- Open the MOV to MP4 converter on your PC.
- Choose your video files from storage or use a video link.
- Click the “Run” button.
It does not have a free version, but you can take advantage of its free trial.
The premium plans are as follows:
- $19.95 for a one-year license
- $44.95 for a lifetime license
Go to this link and download WinX HD Converter.
A MOV to MP4 converter is software that transforms MOV video into the MP4 format. A fundamental distinction between the two formats is also essential.
MOV is an Apple video format developed for Apple’s Quick Time program. To put it another way, MOV is exclusive to Apple devices.
On the contrary, MP4 is a standard format that works with nearly every streaming protocol.
The logic behind MOV to MP4 conversion is that MOV files are not compatible with the Windows or Android platforms.
Regarding quality and content, the two file types are almost similar. The only difference is that MP4 has universal compatibility.
I will teach you how to convert MOV to MP4 using an online converter. For my review, I will use Zamzar Video Converter.
Download the Zamzar Video Converter application. You can use the download link here.
Here’s a step-by-step explanation with screenshots of where to click:
- Step 1: Add your MOV file to the converter via the Choose Files button. The tool offers you options to add your video file from your computer, URL, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive.
- Step 2: You can also drag and drop the file from a folder onto the user interface. Zamzar automatically detects the file.
- Step 3: Choose a download format (MP4 in our case). From the image, you can see the format selection button “mp4” below number 2. The format has already been determined.
- Step 4: Initiate file conversion by clicking the Convert Now button below number 3 on the user interface.
- Step 5: Check the “Email when done?” box if you want the converted file sent to your email address.
An important aspect is that some video converters will let you add a few edits to your video.
There are numerous free tools available, and you can subscribe to a premium version if your budget allows it.
- Start by downloading and installing the video converter.
- Locate and select the file you want to convert. It could be in a folder or other third-party storage service providers, e.g., Dropbox.
- Find the add or upload files button on your online converter tool. Use it to select the videos you wish to convert.
- Some downloaders have a built-in video player. It helps with watching sections of the video to confirm if the outcome is the way you intended.
- Select the output format, resolution, and language.
- Choose edit options if your online tool has them. You can trim, crop, use filters, and adjust brightness or contrast.
- Press the convert button and wait for the process to complete.
- Download your video and save it in a folder for offline viewing.
Converting MOV to MP4 is easy once you know how video converters work.
Luckily, I have shared the steps for every converter in my review. You will notice that they all share similarities.
You install or open the program, add files, select the output format, and click a download button. That is it.
Although, in some instances, you may stop to tweak your video, the sequence does not change.
You can now convert videos effortlessly with the five MOV to MP4 converters I shared. If this is your first time, I encourage you to give it a shot.
For first-timers, I suggest using Zamzar as your training tool. It is straightforward and suitable for small files.
On the other hand, if you are already a pro, then WinX HD Converter Deluxe is your baby. It packs over 400 presets, supports subtitles, and over 40 formats.
In wrapping up, here’s a summary of the 5 best MOV to MP converters for any device (+How To).
- CloudConvert – Best for wide-ranging file format conversions.
- Freemake Video Converter – Best for device-specific conversions.
- Zamzar Online File Conversion – Best for converting small files not exceeding 2 GB.
- Movavi Video Converter – Best for rapid and high-quality MOV to MP4 conversions.
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe – Best for video conversions to diverse output formats.
- Free Video Converter Software
- AVI to MP4 Converters
- YouTube to MP3 Converters
- YouTube to MP4 Converters
- YouTube to WAV Converter
- Chrome Video Downloader
- Instagram Video Downloader
- TikTok Video Downloaders
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Facebook Video Downloader
- Twitter Video Downloader
- Instagram Story Viewer Apps
- Download TikTok Videos
- Download YouTube Videos
- YouTube Subtitle Downloaders
- YouTube Playlist Downloaders