If your online meetings are not going well, you are not using the right software. A meeting where you share business ideas will only succeed with the best video conferencing software of 2022.
Too often, the video conferencing software programs we choose are clunky. As a result, we waste time. The participants are also unhappy.
Today, I will show you several video conferencing software platforms. These are better than the best webinar software, and I based my selections on price, usefulness, and features like chat, screen sharing, etc.
Zoom is the world’s most popular video conferencing solution because it offers everything that you need for this very purpose. From large participants to recording transcripts, it has everything you can possibly imagine.
In addition, anyone with a browser can use the software program. It is easy to use as it has a one-click method for joining calls.
- Recording transcript – record your meetings and watch them again; it serves as handy documentation of your sessions.
- Social Media Streaming – you can use the system to do live shows on Facebook. If you want to sell on Facebook successfully, use Zoom as an alternative. It provides better audio, video, and overall video conferencing experience.
- Cloud Storage – store and stream your video recordings like a webinar. There is no need to buy the best webinar platform to stream your real-time and recorded sessions.
- Security – Zoom offers secure video conferencing with end-to-end encryption.
- Free Version – unlimited meetings with 100 participants.
- Pro – costs $14.99/month/license. It has social media streaming plus a 30-hour limit.
- Business – costs $19.99/month/license. Host 300 participants and get recording transcripts.
- Enterprise – costs $19.99/month/license. Host up to 500 participants plus get unlimited cloud storage.
Zoom is the best video conferencing app for business owners. It is easy to use and has all the features you need. In addition, it has a free account version that is excellent for short meetings.
Microsoft Teams is not Skype. Instead, it is a full suite of screen-sharing video conferencing platforms. It is like Google Meet, and it also gives you access to the Microsoft Office Suite.
What makes Microsoft different is that it is generous. You can enjoy many hours of meetings with hundreds of participants. It also works as an alternative to the best webinar software platforms.
- Unlimited Group Meetings – you can set as many video conferences as you want. There is no limit to the number of meetings you can hold. However, there is a limit to the number of participants.
- Sharing and Polls – you can share files on the video conferencing app. In addition, you can also send polls to the participants.
- Ample Storage – each user has 10GB of cloud storage.
- Support – Microsoft offers web and phone support if you encounter problems.
- Recordings – you can record your meetings. The system will also automatically provide you with a transcript.
- Free – the free version gives you access to online meetings and video conferencing with 100 participants.
- Essentials – costs $2/month/user. The limit is 300 participants.
- Business Basic – costs $3/month/user. It includes Microsoft Office apps.
- Business Standard – costs $10/month/user. Use it as a webinar platform.
I strongly recommend Microsoft Teams if you invested in the Microsoft universe. You can do video meeting sessions with it and share access to Microsoft Office apps with your employees.
3. Google Meet
Google Meet is the beefed-up version of Google Hangouts. It works best for people who also use the suite of Google’s office applications. For example, it also works with Google Calendar.
Google Meet is an excellent video conference tool because it is reliable. In addition, anyone who is using Android automatically has access to it.
- Number of Meetings – all types of plans give you an unlimited number of meetings. In addition, you can host as many video meetings as you want. Just take note that there is a limit to the length of time.
- Record Meetings – you can record the meeting and upload it to Google Drive at the paid plan. It goes to the organizer’s drive, but you can download it and share it.
- Noise Cancellation – the system has an intelligent noise cancellation technology. It makes the speaker more audible, even if there is background noise.
- Polls and Hand Raise – you can send polls to the attendees. Those who want to speak up can click a button to notify the speaker without interrupting him.
- Free – the free version is accessible to anyone. The limit for a one-on-one meeting is 24 hours.
- Individual – costs $7.99 per month. The limit is 24 hours for group meetings.
- Enterprise – the price is not known. This plan unlocks all the features of Google Meet. the limit is 500 participants.
Google Meet is an excellent choice for people invested in Android and other Google products. I strongly recommend it for people whose participants are using mobile devices.
Like Google Meet, Intermedia AnyMeeting is a highly specialized video conferencing tool. It offers high video quality, plus it has a built-in meeting assistant.
It is best for large organizations that conduct video conference training sessions worldwide. I am saying this because it can accommodate up to 200 participants.
- HD Streaming – the video is 720p, and all participants automatically transmit HD quality videos. You can support up to 20 webcams with this feature.
- Security – you can create meetings with PIN protection. The system will automatically generate this for you.
- Screen Share – you can share your entire screen or selected windows only.
- Annotation – participants can call out essential items on your presentation in real-time.
- Integration – you can integrate the meeting app with Outlook, G-suite, and other software platforms.
- Starter – this is the free version with a maximum of four web participants.
- Lite – costs $9.99/user/month. The limit is ten participants.
- Pro – costs $12.99/user/month. The limit is 100 participants.
- Enterprise – costs $17.99/user/month. It has all features that the PRO plan has.
5. Cisco Webex
Cisco Webex is an excellent video conferencing tool for people who operate globally. It has real-time translation software; it supports more than 100 languages.
Apart from the standard features of video conference programs, Cisco has breakout rooms. In it, people can participate in smaller groups to work on a project.
- Calling – you can make phone calls from the web through its VoIP system. Like Skype, you can call landlines and even mobile lines from the Cisco App. In addition, it helps save on cost as you no longer need to maintain separate phone lines.
- Meeting – you can schedule meetings with your participants anytime. There is a limit of 100 participants per meeting. Enjoy HD video quality and interactive whiteboarding in your video conference.
- Messaging – there are several ways by which the participants can talk. There are video chats, group – messaging, file sharing, and whiteboarding. You do not even have to leave the app to work together on a document.
- Slido – this platform is part of the video conferencing infrastructure. It increases engagement and allows you to reduce monologues. You can send polls, Q&A, and ask the participants to write something on a public board.
It is free to sign up for a Cisco Webex account. However, you will not get the full benefits and features of the system. Instead, you need to contact their sales team so they can give you a price specific to your business needs.
Overall, Cisco Webex is an excellent alternative to Zoom and Google Meet. It has all the tools you need to conduct a collaborative meeting. It also has webinars. We can say that it is an all-in-one suite.
Skype has been around for many years. It is one of the pioneers of instant messaging (IM), chats, and video calls. I recommend it to people already in the Microsoft universe, as it ties perfectly with other Microsoft apps.
Like Google Meet, the video conferencing platform works perfectly in its suite of applications. You can add multiple users per license. However, what it does best is the VoIP.
- Office Apps – each subscription type gives you access to MS Office tools. Examples of these are Word, PowerPoint. Publisher, and Excel.
- Cloud Storage – you get a minimum of 5GB of cloud storage per user.
- VoIP – you can use Skype to make phone calls to landlines and mobile devices, even if the call recipient is not on Skype.
- Meetings – you can bring together people in the same chat room. There is also a provision for file sharing, dial-in numbers, and audio conferencing.
- Email and Calendar – you will email inboxes that have a limit of 50GB of storage. You can use the email system to send meeting invites, which will show in the participants’ calendars.
- Free – a free version with only one user.
- Business Basic – $3 per month. The limit is 300 attendees.
- Apps for Business – $8.25 per month. Get 1TB of cloud storage.
- Business Standard – $10 per month. It has webinars.
- Business Premium – $22 per month. It has cyberthreat protection.
Skype is one of the best video chat software programs in the world. I recommend it for people who want something free. You can sign up for the free version and use it as often as possible. Download the app to get started.
Slack started as a chat tool only, but it has grown into a massive meeting space software. It is best for people who need to organize their employees into several groups. In addition, it helps the leadership team manage communication.
The beauty of Slack is that you can use it to collaborate with other companies, not just yours. In addition, it is flexible as you can integrate it with other apps. It also has a workflow builder that allows you to manage your activities.
- Channels – you can create several communication channels and make announcements from there. You can control who has access to the channels and who can respond.
- Slack Connect – use Slack to coordinate with other companies. If they also have Slack, you can create a shared messaging channel between your organizations.
- Digital HQ – use the system to create a digital headquarters. Slack allows your team to work wherever they are without losing touch with your organization.
- Free – the free version gives you access to video meetings.
- Pro – costs $6.67 per month. It now opens face-to-face video conferencing.
- Business – costs $12.50 per month. You will get advanced identity management tools.
- Enterprise – negotiate a price with Slack management.
Slack is an ideal tool for small businesses that focus on communication channels. For video calls, it does do the job. However, it is not comparable with Zoom or Microsoft Teams. I recommend it for agencies that work with Freelancers.
InEvent is the best video conferencing solution for hybrid meetings and seminars. With it, you can launch webinars and professional events.
This virtual conference system is an excellent tool for company meetings, marketing events, and training. In addition, those who make money from YouTube streaming can use it as an alternative platform to teach students.
- Virtual Lobby – design your virtual lobby where people can wait for the meeting to start. It gives you access to a control room and breakout rooms.
- Registrations and Forms – whether you want to launch a webinar or a seminar, the system has a tool where you can create a registration page. In addition, you can use the platform
- CRM and Data Management – you can manage your attendees or employees with the CRM dashboard. There is also a content management system where you can publish our event fields, names of sponsors, etc.
- Analytics and Reports – get detailed reports about your event to see the attendance rate of your event. In addition, you can create workflows to make your work easier.
- V&H Express – costs $3,990 per year. Get a wide range of features like chat, polls, email marketing, and webinar.
- V&H Advanced – price varies. Get custom branding, live studio, and simulated streaming.
- V&H Full – price varies. Get tech features like custom API, Single Sign-On, integration n with SalesForce, and in-person training.
I recommend InEvent to big companies that launch massive campaigns for training their employees. It is also, by far, the most comprehensive meeting platform for launching marketing events. Unfortunately, the system has no free version, but you can try it for free and test the different features.
Zoho Meeting is a meeting platform that has important webinar features. In addition, it offers security plus collaboration features for remote workers.
Zoho Meeting is best for people who have online courses or want to teach a small number of people. It is an alternative to expensive virtual conference platforms like Zoom.
- Phone Audio – the system uses VoIP. Your meetings will not lag because of poor internet connections. You can dial with your phone. It supports international toll-free numbers, too.
- Recording – you can record the meetings and then revisit them later on. You can also upload the recording so people who failed to attend can watch it.
- Calendar Syncing – sync your calendar with your participants through email. Those who accept the meeting invitations can sync their Google calendar.
- Scheduled and Instant Meetings – it is up to you if you want to launch an instant meeting or a scheduled one. You can plan the meetings or start an emergency one right now.
- Free Version – the limit is 100 participants.
- Meeting – costs $3 per month. You get a limit of 10 participants. It includes VoIP, virtual background, and co-hosting capabilities.
- Webinar – costs $16 per month. The limit is 25 attendees. It allows you to integrate the platform with other software programs.
I recommend Zoho Meeting to small business owners with ten employees or fewer. It is also an excellent webinar platform for people who have a small group of followers.
It is one of the most affordable video conferencing out in the market today. The free trial does not have a limitation. You can use the free account for life.
A video conferencing software is where you host meetings online. It goes beyond what Google Meet can do.
The best video conferencing software can:
- Facilitate video calls
- Do video recording
- Do call recording
- Have many participants
- Screen sharing
It is not the same as webinar software programs. Video conferencing is usually live; all participants can speak as they wish, too.
The method varies for every video conferencing software. There are video conferencing platforms that need installation. Some only work in a browser.
Here is how an app-based software program works: users and event organizers must install the software. They can do this on a PC or a mobile device. Then, they can launch the application and create or attend video meetings.
For browser-based video conferencing platforms, the only thing a user has to do is click on the link. First, the event organizer can schedule video conferences. Then he can send the link to the participants. After that, the software will take care of the rest.
From webinar software to photo management software, there are so many options. So, how do you choose the best one? This section will provide you with some tips on what features to look for.
Screen sharing gives you the capability to show what is on your screen. Instead of relying on slides, you can demonstrate a product to your audiences. Screen sharing can improve meetings.
At best, choose a video conferencing tool that allows other participants to share their screens. Google Meet is one of the best examples I can share here. No matter who the participant is, he can share his screen with all who joined the meeting.
Many video conferencing software apps limit screen sharing. Typically, they only allow the presenter to do it. It is especially so for webinar software programs. So if you want several presenters, you need to pay more.
Choose a video conferencing tool where no upgrade is necessary for screen sharing. It will save you money. It also opens doors for a fruitful discussion between you and the other participants.
Sometimes, you want to share several webcams. It is imperative if you will show your face and also show something else. For example, a meeting requires a demonstration of a product. In this case, you want to show your face and the product on the same screen.
You cannot do this easily; most apps can only transmit one video source at any given time. However, there are video conferencing service providers that have considered this.
Some video conferencing solutions like Zoom allow multiple webcams. So, for example, you can show your driveway or your car while in a meeting. But why would you do this?
The reasons for doing a split webcam vary. You may have a product to show outside the house. However, you need to stay on your desktop to facilitate the meeting. If you are working on security, you will find this feature beneficial.
The best video conferencing apps offer this service for free. While you may not need it, the feature comes in handy occasionally.
Commonly called VoIP, it refers to transmitting phone signals to internet signals. One excellent example I can mention here is Skype. With it, you can call phone numbers, not just Skype accounts.
VoIP is best for video conferences that involve clients who do not use PC. It also works best for participants who do not have your video conferencing app. Sometimes, it is cumbersome to download these software programs.
For example, let us say that you have a meeting. And then you thought of calling somebody who does not have your video conferencing app. It would be tedious to ask that person to install the app.
Instead, just use the VoIP from your video conferencing app, then call the person’s phone. Of course, he will not be on a video call. However, he can still participate in the meeting through voice.
I must say there that VoIP is not free. However, some companies give free minutes with the free plan. Once you consume all that, you will pay for every minute using the VoIP service.
Chat is an essential feature of a video conference. All video conferencing apps should have it. Without a chat app, your team will rely on other mobile apps.
As a result, you have so many windows open, and you may miss out on critical issues that your team members raised.
The Google Hangouts Meet is one excellent example I can provide. It started as a chat app. Eventually, it evolved into one of the best video apps for online meetings.
Even kids today use the chat app to ask questions from each other. Many schools resorted to video chat apps like Zoom and Google Meet during the pandemic. Children use the chat app to ask questions without interrupting the instructor.
Recording your meetings is crucial. A video recording can help you document the session without the need for lengthy words in an email.
Choose a video conferencing service provider that offers unlimited cloud storage. You do not have to save the video on your desktop. It is also safer, as they will take care of the back-ups.
Apps like Zoom allow both the presenter and the participant to record. However, the recording time has a limit. For example, the Pro plan only gives you 1GB of cloud storage. It is equivalent to about two hours of meeting.
It is best to look for a video conferencing tool with unlimited storage. But, of course, it will not be free. Some free version apps may offer it, but the capacity is limited.
When companies store data in their servers and systems, it costs money. So at the very least, I recommend choosing a paid plan with unlimited recording capabilities.
The last feature that I recommend is HD video. In our world today, HD video is a basic expectation. From movies to YouTube videos, we are used to seeing high-definition resolution.
Some apps that facilitate video calls do not transmit HD video. As such, the video quality is poor. Companies like this are not paying for massive bandwidth. They reduce the video quality so they can reduce costs.
I suggest getting a plan where the system transmits high video quality. Then, the meetings will look professional, and your attendees will think highly of you.
Video conferencing tools have a variety of these features. Therefore, you will be hard-pressed looking for a single tool with all these features.
At best, I recommend you list down the features you like. Then, please pick from the list of best video conferencing software programs.
Video Conferencing Apps Summary
The best video conferencing solution that I recommend is Zoom. It has everything you need to facilitate meetings. It has chat, recording, and even webinar options.
If you are on a tight budget, I recommend Skype or Zoho Meeting. Skype’s free plan gives the tools you need to conduct calls on VoIP, plus you can access MS Office suites.
Register for the free version of the tools that I recommended here. Test them now and see how they work. Then, decide which one meets your needs and get their paid plans.