Scroll down for the 9 best video downloader Chrome extensions.
Browser extensions are software installed to enhance functionality. They allow users to customize and improve the browser experience.
Extensions exist in two categories:
- Those that extend functionality: include video picture modes, mouse wheel volume controls, and website dark modes.
- Integrating software: includes online store coupons, web clippers, and language translators.
Chrome video downloader extensions are a perfect example of online browser extensions. There are plenty of Chrome browser extensions available in the web store, but I will examine the following nine for now:
- YouTube ByClick
- Video Downloader Professional
- Flash Video Downloader
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Video DownloadHelper
Best for downloading low-resolution videos.
I will be honest, installing the SaveFrom.net extension is a bit complex. However, once you overcome this hurdle, you will download YouTube videos without hitches.
SaveFrom.net isn’t on the Google Chrome store. You need to download it as a Chrome extension.
Despite that, this plugin lets you download content at high speed. Who wouldn’t want to save time on their downloads?
Savefrom net helper is the other name for this Chrome video downloader. Savefrom.net also supports Firefox, Yandex, Safari, and Opera, among other browsers.
- Price: It is free to use.
- It does not have malware issues.
- It supports WebM and MP4 downloads.
- Batch downloads: you can download multiple videos simultaneously.
- Capacity: it can download videos of two hours long or more.
- It downloads videos with a single click.
- It is straightforward and uncomplicated.
- The extension allows downloads from any browser.
- You can integrate savefrom.net into your website.
- It has fast download speeds.
- It only offers basic downloads.
- Occasionally, it downloads videos with no audio.
Click here to download the YouTube downloader for Chrome.
Best for downloading long video files
YouTube ByClick Chrome YouTube extension supports MP3, MP4, AAC, and other download formats. It also converts YouTube videos into audio.
What else does this video downloader offer? It has a pop-up window with an option for downloading videos or audio files.
If you prefer to download playlists, this YouTube video downloader for chrome does so excellently. You only paste the playlist’s link to an add-on window. Also, the Chrome extension lets you select video quality and format.
- It downloads YouTube playlists.
- It has an automatic editing feature for artists and song names.
- You can download private videos.
- YouTube ByClick supports large downloads.
- It integrates with most browsers.
- The software has a simple interface.
- It boasts powerful functions.
- It is compatible with most mobile devices
- Supports video editing.
- The converter function yields broken files.
- It installs other unwanted software.
Download the free extension from the website.
Best for hiding comments on online videos.
This YouTube downloading extension delivers your favorite videos fast. It does not redirect you to third-party websites.
Addoncrop boasts a systemic approach with precise copying and pasting of URLs. You can download videos in 144p, 480p, 1080p, and 8K Ultra, among others.
The video downloader also converts video to MP4, MP3, WEBM, AAC, 3GP, and WMV. Besides, you can adjust a video’s frame rate to suit your specifications.
To install the Addoncrop extension, visit the Chrome Web Store and download CrossPilot. Next, grant installation permission on the Addoncrop website.
- It has an auto-pause videos option that is useful when you need to stop downloading. You can attend to something else and resume download.
- Addoncropp supports video autoplay.
- It displays a “save as” dialogue box that prompts you to select a preferred format.
- Cut and download: this allows you to choose a video segment when you don’t need the full content.
- It does not redirect users to third-party websites.
- The software is safe with no risk of viruses.
- Addoncrop boasts a superb performance.
- It has helpful user support.
- It requires downloading a third-party extension.
Download the free extension from the website.
Best for extracting audio from downloaded files.
VideoGrabber lets you download video in FLV, the standard format for storing YouTube videos. It has no incompatibility issues while its video converter allows you to extract audio.
Using VideoGrabber follows a simple copy and paste process. The plugin not only supports Chrome but other sites with FLV format.
However, even though this video grabber does not support downloads via streaming, it rips YouTube content in no time.
- Speed: it boasts fast download and conversion speeds.
- Format: it allows you to convert videos into multiple outputs.
- Multiple sites: VideoGrabber works with YouTube, Vimeo, Vevo, and other sites.
- Screen recorder: this plugin can record your screen and save it as a video file or screenshot.
- It offers an easy download process.
- It captures video and audio simultaneously.
- It supports 60 fps conversions.
- The plugin has limited features compared to the app version.
You can download the software for free from the homepage.
Best for large video downloads
iTube is a fast and reliable video downloader extension. It supports Chrome and other browsers where you can download YouTube videos.
This tool detects the videos you’ve opened on your browser. A single click is all it takes for you to start downloading videos.
Its downloading speed is 10x faster than other
Chrome extensions. You can also download multiple videos with iTubeGo.
- Supports 8K, 4K, and HD videos.
- It can convert videos to M4A, MP3, MP4, and AVI, among others.
- It has a video cutter that allows you to download YouTube video portions.
- Private video mode: comprises a password-protected folder to keep your videos safe from prying eyes.
- It has fast download speeds.
- It supports 17 video formats.
- iTubeGo supports playlist downloads.
- First-timers will find iTubeGo challenging to use.
- The free version limits downloads to three videos.
Download the Chrome video downloader from their website.
Best for collecting video clips without having to download full videos.
This extension is among the best Chrome video downloaders. A click of the download button delivers your desired YouTube video.
The Chrome video downloader lets you select the resolution for quality output. It offers numerous video quality options from 1080p onwards.
You will also see the video file size before the download.
Click on the green arrow at the top of your browser window to initiate a download. Choose your options from the resulting menu.
Video Downloader Professional also supports downloads from social media platforms. However, it plays ads, and these can disrupt your online experience.
- This software automatically detects videos playing on your browser.
- It supports multiple video sites.
- It is free software.
- Supports various languages such as English, Dutch, and French.
- It is easy to use.
- Compatible with PC and mobile devices.
- It has a one-click download button.
- It is not an open-source extension.
- A paywall locks the much-needed resolution formats.
Go to the download page for a free copy of the software.
Best for downloading flash videos and audio files.
Flash Video Downloader is a simple video downloader that lets you have YouTube content for later viewing.
Whether you seek HD videos or any other type, this Chrome extension will fetch them. Besides, this video downloader automatically detects the videos on your browser window. You don’t need any technical skills.
You will see all downloadable videos and their sizes. What about the pricing details? There are no charges for using the extension.
Also, you will not see disruptive ad pop-ups, plus the tool supports two languages.
- Automatic Detection: it detects videos on your browser and prompts you to download them.
- It is an ads-free extension.
- Supports two languages.
- You do not need special skills to use the extension.
- It does not download videos from TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter.
Download this video downloader for chrome by clicking here.
Best for downloading videos in high resolution.
This Chrome video download extension lets you download the videos you cherish so much. You can have them on your device to view later.
However, you will not find Local YouTube Downloader on the Google Chrome store. Download Tampermonkey to help you install this Chrome video downloader.
Tampermonkey is available on the Chrome Web Store.
Once installed, you can now download any YouTube video file.
- Easy video downloader: you only have to open a YouTube video you like and download it.
- It supports different video resolutions and formats.
- It uses user scripts that enhance content layout and functionality.
- It is a fast video downloader.
- The extension supports multiple video downloads.
- You have to install another extension before installing the Local YouTube Downloader.
Visit their website to install the script.
Best for naming video files.
With this Chrome extension, you can save downloaded videos to your drive. It also offers you HLS (HTTP Live Streaming).
HLS is a live streaming protocol initially developed by Apple Inc. The protocol splits large media files into small chunks that you can continuously play on your device.
Video DownloadHelper has a customizable user interface. It also lets you convert videos to a format of your choice.
It comes with an external but easy-to-install converter that helps with audio and video aggregation.
The converter detects videos on a browser and animates a ‘download & convert’ panel. This icon lists all available videos and actions.
- Video Download Helper helps convert your video files to other formats.
- It offers video filtering options.
- Compatibility: It supports Linux, Mac, and Windows.
- It is a user-friendly extension.
- It detects media on video hosting sites.
- Renames your files.
- Downloads files slowly.
- The free version leaves a watermark on downloaded videos.
You can download the free video downloader extension here.
1. How can I download videos directly from Chrome?
If the video has a link, click on the download link or right-click the link and choose the “save” option. When you will come across videos without this option, know that the content provider has not granted download rights. You will have to use a video downloader.
2. What is the best downloader for Chrome?
I would vouch for SaveFrom.net any day. Despite the installation process, it is my best video downloader. SaveFrom.Net lets you download from the video, but you can also download from browsing results or browsing history.
The other video downloader extensions do not have all these features.
3. Which video downloader is best?
ByClick online video downloader is the best in this category. It offers you fast download speeds, which is a huge plus. Besides, this best video downloader has easy navigation, an uncluttered interface, intelligent features, and supports multiple platforms.
4. Does Google Chrome have a video downloader?
Yes, Google Chrome has a video downloader, not one, but several. However, none of these can download online videos from YouTube.
5. Are video downloaders for Chrome legal?
Video downloaders for Chrome are legal. However, the legality only applies if you download content for personal use. It is illegal to download copyright-protected content without express permission from the owners.
YouTube downloader Chrome extensions help users download videos from any online video hosting site. Each video downloader for Chrome that I’ve covered here offers ease of use.
The best Chrome video downloaders should have a simple interface. They must not subject you to frustrating tasks.
An extension that will detect videos from your browser is an excellent choice. It makes your task easy and prompts you to click the download button.
You might also seek a Chrome extension that supports numerous video streaming websites.
What am I getting at? That you should consider what your best Chrome video downloader can do. You might want to trim, edit or screenshot a video.
What is my best video downloader for Chrome extension? I’ll go with YouTube ByClick. It works on most video hosting websites.
To finish off, here is our list of the best video downloaders:
- SaveFrom.net Helper – Best for downloading low-resolution videos.
- YouTube ByClick – Best for downloading long video files.
- Addoncrop – Best for hiding comments on online videos.
- VideoGrabber – Best for extracting audio from downloaded files.
- iTubeGo – Best for large video downloads.
- Video Downloader Professional – Best for collecting video clips without having to download full videos.
- Flash Video Downloader – Best for downloading flash videos and audio files.
- Local YouTube Downloader – Best for downloading videos in high resolution.
- Video DownloadHelper – Best for naming video files.
- Instagram Video Downloader
- TikTok Video Downloaders
- YouTube Video Downloader Apps
- Facebook Video Downloader