13 Best Whiteboard Animation Softwares in 2023
If you’ve ever tried to explain something complex while making it sound attractive to a friend, you know how tough it can be without any visual aid.
Whiteboard animation software makes explaining things more engaging and effective.
For instance, according to the psychologist, Dr Richard Wiseman, people retained 15% more information after watching whiteboard animation videos than you did a standard explainer video.
In this article, I’ve shortlisted the best whiteboard animation software. When choosing the whiteboard video maker, I’ve considered the key features it offers along with the pricing and technical assistance it provides.
Best Whiteboard Animation Software
If you wish to promote your product or service or train your staff with video tutorials, MySimpleShow might just be the tool you need.
You can easily include whiteboard animation in your training program, change management, or any form of corporate communication.
MySimpleShow helps you tell stories with engaging visuals by automatically identifying keywords in the report. The animation software enables you to write a story and automatically provides visuals according to its keywords.
It can come in especially handy if you’re a teacher teaching online these days. You can use the animation software to develop interactive and exciting ways of introducing new subjects via whiteboard animation.
MySimpleShow is an animation software that offers the possibility of uploading your media files, strengthening the demonstrated learning aspect of online teaching. For example, students can draw diagrams or charts and upload the images directly onto the whiteboard animation software.
You can also upload your assets, such as image files, images and audio clips, to use in your animations. You can also customize the multiple presets available using the simple interface of the whiteboard animation software.
- Benefit from storyline templates that can be fully customized, edited and rearranged as you like.
- Use the customized closing frame feature to end your whiteboard animation on an impactful note.
- Before exporting your video, review your text and illustrations and make changes in an instant.
- Use scribble effects
- Automated voice
- Automagical visualization with Explainer Engine
- Collaborate on projects with a team of up to 3 users
- Business – $129
- Profession – $499
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Create entertaining and straightforward explainer videos with MySimpleShow!
VideoScribe whiteboard animation software can be used to create and publish explainer videos online.
The image or doodle library available is one of the most important factors to consider when looking at the best whiteboard animation software to use. In this writing, the official website states that the image library contains over 8000 images.
In addition to this, VideoScribe offers access to an extensive library of images and comes with a free version. Users can experiment with all animation tools available and keep all whiteboard animation videos they make during the 7-day trial period.
It is also worth noting that while the best whiteboard animation software offers over 190 royalty-free music tracks, it does not provide any sound effects. However, as an animation software, and not a video editing one, this was expected.
Another drawback is that when working with texts, you will only have the possibility of a selection of basic fonts. For more options, you will have to download the fonts and import them over before including them in your whiteboard animation videos.
However, VideoScribe remains one of the most detailed and most accessible of the best whiteboard animation software programs available. Moreover, it is a very versatile option with an easy-to-navigate interface and a library full of freebies.
- VideoScribe offers a selection of quick-start video templates and a simple user interface that makes it easy to start a project.
- With VideoScribe, you can access a free library of over 8,000 images. No need to download or purchase stock images to include in your creations.
- You also have the possibility of uploading your assets and have VideoScribe draw them for you.
- Ideal for whiteboard animation videos, the whiteboard animation software provides diverse hands, pens, erasers, and more.
- Choose from over 190 royalty-free music tracks for your explainer videos.
- You can export the video as an image sequence.
- You get a 7day free trial that allows you to keep any video you make.
- Have an unlimited number of pages on your storyboard.
- Benefit from 24/7 access to the support team.
- Monthly plan: $39 per month
- Yearly plan: $14 per month or $168 if paid annually
- One-off payment: $995 per month
Team licenses start from $155 per user for a team of over five users.
To create a whiteboard video, you simply have to select a pre-built template, add images, a voiceover or audio files, and that is it. So don’t just take my word for it; go ahead and try it out for yourself.
Sign up for the 7-day trial of Videoscribe and get creative!
Renderforest provides a range of tools to produce high-quality online content, in whiteboard animation videos, logos, and even websites, with minimal effort in very little time.
The free whiteboard animation software offers hundreds of video templates in various categories, ranging from intros and music visualizations to whiteboard animations and promotional doodle videos.
You can even upload your file and get a lifelike preview of your design on a set of different products.
While RenderForest is available as a free whiteboard animation software, it also offers subscription plans with added advantages, such as a higher number of exports and high-quality stock footage videos, amongst others.
The portfolio of ready-made templates available on the free animator includes more than 20 template categories.
It is also possible for non-coders to create a beautiful and practical website without any coding skills. You can use its online website builder to easily create your professional website or landing page with beautifully designed and fully customizable templates.
Most importantly, you can access the free animation software from your smartphone; both the Google Playstore and the Apple Store have the application.
- Give your whiteboard animations a fun touch with RenderForest’s 130 audio files.
- Along with the possibility of adding a voice-over to your videos, you can also upload your audio files and voiceovers to customize doodle videos fully.
- RenderForest lets you preview any scene with the snapshot feature before exporting your animated whiteboard video.
- You can export your animation video in HD quality.
- Save all your projects on your account, and edit them whenever you wish.
- Easily customizable scenes.
- Mockup editor.
- Versatile drag and drop builder.
- 24/7 free customer support.
- Free plan: this is free forever but is limited to essential tools.
- Lite: $6.99 per month when billed annually
- Amateur: $9.99 per month when billed annually
- Pro: $19.99 per month when billed annually
- Agency: $49.99 per month when billed annually
Create whiteboard animation videos with RenderForest’s free plan right away!
Hiring a digital marketing agency can be a viable option for large businesses with big budgets. They have free whiteboard animation software that they use for this.
However, small businesses and entrepreneurs can instead hire digital marketing freelancers on a platform like Fiverr to have the best creative videos produced at a relatively lower cost.
On Fiverr, you can have your pick depending on your budget; freelancers are available at a varied range of prices. As a result, you can expect to spend anywhere from tens of dollars to tens of thousands of dollars on a project, depending specifically on your demands, time constraints, and budget.
Furthermore, on the Fiverr Marketplace, you can find and hire a freelance digital marketer with specific expertise in the type of marketing you need for your project.
- The Fiverr Marketplace offers a wide range of talent.
- Find the best whiteboard animation creator you need on Fiverr for a curated experience.
- Enjoy high-quality services at every price point possible with the online talent marketplace.
- The best experience for every budget
- Quality work done quickly
- Protected payments
- 24/7 support
In this case, pricing depends on the freelancer you choose and your project.
Hire the best talent for your animated explainer videos on Fiverr!
Powtoon is an animation and presentation program that you can use to produce highly interactive online content. You can enjoy a variety of animation styles, along with infographics and whiteboards.
The program is web-based, so you don’t have to worry about accessing your projects at any given time from any location. Any computer with an Internet connection and Flash will do.
With Powtoon, you can eliminate the costs of hiring a video production team and create your animated videos. It offers a vast library of professionally designed templates, scenes, characters, soundtracks, and more.
You also have the option of uploading your media (videos, GIFs, images, voiceovers, and anything you need) to connect with your audience. Powtoon might be the tool you’re looking for if you primarily create marketing or educational content.
Although it is a subscription-based service, Powtoon does offer a free plan that allows you to try the free animation software first.
- The free whiteboard animation software makes it easy to turn your simple PowerPoint presentation into an engaging animation video.
- Use Powtoon’s stock footage videos to enhance your explainer video.
- With the whiteboard video maker, you can characterize everything from your character’s face to their outfit.
- Internal Company Content Hub
- Publish online
- Slack and Microsoft® Teams
- LMS Integration
- Free: comes with Powtoon branding
- Pro: $19 per month when billed annually
- Pro+: $49 per month when billed annually
- Agency: $89 per month when billed annually
Personalize your animation video with Powtoon!
Doodly makes your formal presentations stand apart with eye-catching whiteboard animation. It is a user-friendly platform with a range of animation tools that allows you to create videos quickly.
You simply need to click the record button, start talking, and the video creator will automatically stitch your voice to your video. You can also upload a professional voiceover, use free images from the Doodly library, or have audio exported from another program to include in your whiteboard videos.
To fully personalize your whiteboard animation video, the whiteboard animation software allows you to customize various aspects.
For instance, when you create videos on the Doodly platform, you can choose between male and female hands. You can also choose from a range of colors and sizes, as well as ethnicities.
The free whiteboard animation software is easy to master, as it features a simple drag and drop builder.
Plus, while it is common for free whiteboard animation software to limit the number of installs, you are able to download and install Doodly on as many computers as you wish. The software is available on both Windows and Mac.
Its content library is cloud-based and filled with resources. There is also the possibility for you to import your own media files for your whiteboard videos.
- The whiteboard video maker can help you create professional doodles.
- Choose from a large selection of character images for your animation video.
- Benefit from animation tips and tutorials from the Doodly Elite Masterclass.
- The free whiteboard animation software also comes with a Doodly Design Facebook Group for more inspiration and assistance.
- 84 scene templates
- Efficient drag and drop builder
- Create unlimited whiteboard animation
- Can be used on multiple computers
- Wide selection of helpful tutorials
- Supports any font and language
- Standard: comes with Powtoon branding
- Enterprise: $19 per month when billed annually
Sign up on Doodly to create professional doodle videos now!
Animiz is a simple animated video maker that allows you to create a professional-looking whiteboard animation video in no time. It is not the best whiteboard animation software, but it will do.
To work with the free whiteboard animation software, you simply need to select a ready-made template from the selection available. Then, using the drag and drop feature, edit each slide to create your whiteboard animation.
The free whiteboard animation software offers a variety of presets. You can thus quickly make a whiteboard animation video for business, education, social media, and more.
Animiz libraries include thousands of pre-designed assets such as characters, SVG images, icons, and shapes for creatives. You can make your whiteboard animation video more interactive and unique with designs that will engage your audience.
You are also allowed to upload the whiteboard animation you produce to Animiz cloud for free.
Furthermore, you can upload the videos to YouTube and share them on social channels, like Facebook and Twitter, right away.
You do not need to have any coding or designing experience to use the whiteboard animation software Animiz.
- The animation software lets you have realistic hand-drawn whiteboard animation.
- You can also choose from 100+ Entrance/Emphasis/Exit Animation Effects for your whiteboard animation video.
- Customize the background image and color to personalize your animation video.
- You can use the intuitive drag-and-drop builder to edit and create whiteboard animation.
- Free Video Assets
- Lively Animation Effects
- Flexible Output Options
- Multi-track Timeline
- Drag and drop builder
Animiz offers four subscription plans:
- Free: This plan comes with some limitations, including a watermark, limited video assets, lower video resolution, and more
- Standard: $29 per month for a single user
- Professional: $299 per year for two users
- Enterprise: one-time payment of $999
Use Animiz to make your animated videos even more fun!
With FilmoraPro, you can create fantastic whiteboard animation with easy tools. In addition, the software allows you to edit both audio and video files.
If you are a digital marketer in charge of social media stories and posts, this is the software. It is not exactly the best whiteboard animation software, but it is a video editing program.
To create your whiteboard animation video, you will get access to a video editor that also comes with advanced editing features like chroma keys and custom mask uploads.
The audio noise reduction capabilities of the animation software are extensive. In addition, the FilmoraPro content library is regularly updated and has a range of free effects.
You also get access to a selection of transitions; ripples, warps, and other motion style elements. In addition, all fonts can be customized and adjusted in several ways, giving you the possibility to showcase more of your personal branding.
Make the most of the animation software’s color gradients, templates, and color schemes to create innovative and engaging videos.
- With FilmoraPro, you have the choice between simple editing and an advanced editing process.
- The video creation process is made even more accessible with the highly customizable animation tools.
- Choose the types of videos you want to create with the video creator.
- Create and edit the best whiteboard animation using FilmoraPro’s wide range of features.
- Automatic audio sync
- Audio noise reduction
- Audio transitions
- Motion tracking
- Customizable animations
- Annual Plan – $61.99
- Perpetual Plan – $89.99 for lifetime access to the version of the software you purchased the license for
- Bundle Subscription Plan – $111.99
Push the limits of your imagination and create innovative videos with FilmoraPro.
Explandio is an all-in-one video creator that helps you create whiteboard animations and explainer videos.
Regardless of whether it is a 2D, 3D, or whiteboard animation video, you can create it in 3 easy steps with this tool’s simple user interface.
Simply select a scene template that fits your narrative. Then tweak it by modifying the text, images or videos and changing the position of the elements, depending on the type of whiteboard animation you want to create.
During the video creation process, you can add a background video or photo, customize shapes, and select the color you want for each of them.
When you finish, export the animation. That’s how simple it is to create your next whiteboard animation video or explainer video using Explandio.
The platform also offers a complete step-by-step demo of all the fantastic things you can create with this whiteboard animation software.Explandio’s goal is to help you create the best whiteboard animation videos you can produce.
- To use this whiteboard animation software, you don’t require any technical skills.
- The software’s library provides 140+ pre-made video, image and doodle objects animations.
- You can choose from a selection of 180+ pre-made text animations and 200+ pre-made animated scenes for your explainer video.
- With Explaindio, you can create and export unlimited videos.
- 200 pre-made animation scenes
- Integrated with Pixabay
- Over 300+ fonts included
- Multi-timeline editing
- Step by step tutorials
- Drag and drop builder
Explaindio offers three subscription plans:
- Monthly plan – $37
- Annual plan – $67
- One-time Payment – $497
Try out Explaindio’s free version now to create your animation video!
Camtasia Studio is a renowned screen recorder windows that also serves the purpose of editing videos professionally. Like Filmora, this may not be the best whiteboard animation software, but it is a powerful video editor.
Although the latest Camtasia release comes with a wide range of new features to level up your video creation, it is easy to master.
To use the software, you don’t need a big budget or advanced video editing skills. Instead, start with a template or just record your screen, add a couple of effects and tweak a few elements to complete your animation.
Whether you have prior video editing experience or this is your first time making a video, Camtasia’s features help you create everything you need to make a high-quality video.
Creating professional-quality videos is easier than ever with this animation software and video maker.
You can apply effects with a simple drag-and-drop. In addition, the timeline’s automatic snap feature makes it easy for you to have a clean and straightforward editing process.
With Camtasia, you can even include interactive quizzes directly in your videos – at the beginning, at the end, or throughout the video.
Camtasia also allows you to connect your iOS device directly to your Mac to record now from the screen, then add gesture effects to simulate taps, swipes, and pinches in your video.
- Boost engagement on your social channels by adding interactive quizzes in your animation video with Camtasia.
- The video maker and animation software offer a range of versatile transitions and media mats.
- Camtasia Packages make it easy for you to share and receive resources for your current whiteboard animation projects.
- Camtasia library filled with royalty-free assets
- Screen recording options
- Interactivity + Quizzes
- Possibility to replace the background
- Audio FX
- A free trial
- One-time fee for Camtasia – $249.99
- One-time fee for a bundle offer (Camtasia + Snagit) – $274.99
Camtasia’s free version comes with a 30-day period that allows you to test its features at the time of this writing.
So give it a go and add a personal touch to your videos with Camtasia!
11. Adobe Animate
With Adobe Animate CC, you can produce engaging whiteboard animation, interactive mobile content, animated doodles, etc.
In addition, the whiteboard animation software lets you inject fun into your videos, banner ads, and social media posts in the best way possible. Use Adobe Animate CC to make your characters talk and walk the way you want with simple frame-by-frame animation.
Plus, the whiteboard animation software program’s interface is highly user-friendly, so there isn’t a huge learning curve to it, and you can pick up on things as you explore the possibilities.
You can create your first whiteboard animation video today with a helpful tutorial that takes you through the basics of the video creation process.
Using Adobe Animate CC, you can publish the video on multiple online platforms, including HTML5 Canvas, Flash/Adobe AIR, WebGL, and customized platforms like SVG.
Adobe Animate CC is constantly innovating, with new features rolling out regularly to help you stay on top of the game.
It could be the best whiteboard animation software for you if you’re looking for advanced animation editing tools.
- Adobe Animate CC offers the unique virtual camera functionality that no other animation software provides. With it, you can give your whiteboard video a more realistic touch by manipulating the camera’s view.
- The animation software provides a mobile-friendly platform that works on small screens, like smartphones and tablets.
- Adobe Animate CC also comes with an integrated Typekit that gives you access to unlimited premium web fonts.
- Advanced rigging
- Quick sharing and publishing
- Auto lip-syncing
- Windows Ink support
- Auto keyframe
- Hands-on tutorial creator
Adobe Animate CC is available through Adobe Creative Cloud at $20.99 per month.
Design interactive animation videos with Adobe Animate CC!
Vyond’s cloud-based whiteboard animation software allows creatives to create videos quickly. This will come especially handy for you if you are in charge of video creation for digital marketing and educational purposes.
The whiteboard animation software lets you customize videos easily with Vyond’s library of templates and props. You can easily tweak the character animations and create an engaging whiteboard animation video in no time.
Without hiring a graphic design team, you can incorporate whiteboard animation into your digital marketing campaigns.
From sales enablement to compliance, you can make videos that fit your brand’s specific needs and help your business reach its objectives.
Vyond has a simple to master user interface and makes it easy to create visually engaging content with a range of accessible tools.
To create whiteboard animation with Vyond, you simply have to choose from a library full of customizable templates.
- Create high-quality whiteboard animation with Vyond’s customizable character creator, props and sound effects.
- Get used to the interactive interface of the animation software to create content for your social channels.
- Benefit from access to a vast library of scene templates and automatic character lip-sync while creating your whiteboard animation.
- Enterprise-Level Security
- Vyond Accel
- White-Glove Service
- Vyond Secure Suite
- Customer Service Manager
- Large asset library
Vyond offers four subscription plans:
- Essential – $299
- Premium – $649
- Profession – $999
- Enterprise – custom pricing
Transform the way your organization communicates with Vyond!
Animaker is a tool that can help create professional-quality whiteboard animation videos at a very affordable cost. It is highly customizable and has a wide range of animations.
The Animaker online platform makes it easily accessible in different environments, from the office to home to impromptu meetings in cafes.
If you have a team, the enterprise plan might be more suitable as it allows for collaboration and input from each member. You also have more control over the branding, i.e., you can ensure that the logos, colors, fonts, backgrounds, intro/outros used all adhere to your brand guidelines.
With the whiteboard animation software, your creative team can produce high-quality videos in a short period without any compromise on the creative front.
Animaker also provides various tutorials that teach you how to get the most out of the whiteboard animation software and all of its features.
You can make the most of its extensive asset library to produce great visuals and stunning animations for your online marketing campaigns.
- By partnering with Epidemic sounds, Animaker can offer its users a whopping amount of 30000+ premium music tracks.
- With over 100 million+ Stock Assets, you can pick anything you want for your whiteboard animations.
- Create your animation video just the way you want with Animaker’s AI-Powered Background Removal and Stickerify tool. You can animate any character quickly and tweak videos as you like.
- Live Video Editing and 4K Video Quality
- It runs on a powerful HTML5 engine
- Simple drag and drop builder
- 100m+ stock videos and photos
- 1000+ templates
- Basic: $10 per month when billed annually
- Starter: $19 per month when billed annually
- Pro: $49 per month when billed annually
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Design creative infographics and create animated videos with Animaker’s free trial!
What is whiteboard animation software?
A free whiteboard animation software draws your input automatically. It shows a hand that writes a text or draws a figure.
A person teaches by drawing or writing on a whiteboard on the wall. A whiteboard animation does the same, but digitally. In a typical whiteboard presentation, you need to draw something manually. Then, you have to video record your hand while writing or drawing.
A whiteboard animation software program eliminates all this hassle. All you have to do is write the words and choose a visual representation. The “hand” in the software will draw it for you. In the end, what you get is a whiteboard presentation without drawing yourself.
Steps to create a whiteboard animation explainer video
The first step in creating a whiteboard explainer video is to record a script. It does not mean you have to record your voice. The script is essentially the storyboard. After that, follow the steps below.
1. Choose a template you like or start from scratch
There are many templates available to you. Choose one and click it.
After selecting the template, it will look like this. As you can see at the bottom, you can select specific areas and edit them.
2. Edit the content
The next step is to choose parts of the whiteboard animation video and make changes. To do this, double-click on the area in the storyboard at the bottom. A new window will appear, and you can choose which areas to edit. Make the changes and click on the Check Mark at the bottom, as shown below.
Take note that you can do this for the entirety of the video. You can add and delete elements as much as you want.
3. Test the video
On the upper right-hand side of the software is a play button. Click that to see how your video goes and make more edits as you deem necessary.
4. Publish and share
The last step is to publish your video. To do this, you have to download the video to your computer as a video file; then, you can upload it on your website, YouTube, or social media channels.
How to make whiteboard animation using android
There are some android apps you can download to make a simple whiteboard animation video. After downloading a program, launch it and make a video.
Below is an image of what it looks like. After tapping the template, you will see this. At the bottom, you will find the images. Tap the one you want to edit.
Choose from the selections on top. In this example, we will tap the “T” icon to add text. Once you do that, you will see a pop-up. Type what you want and then tap on “Insert.” Keep on editing your storyboard. If you think the video is ready, tap on the play icon at the bottom to check.
The last step is to download or save the video. Do this by tapping on the menu icon at the top right, then choose “Make a Movie.” Different apps have different naming conventions. Some apps may say “Save.”
Features to look for in a whiteboard animation software
Before you subscribe to a whiteboard animation software, there are some key features that you should look for.
In the best whiteboard animation software, you should be able to change certain aspects of the whiteboard video. It means you should choose the font, font size, color, and other things.
2. Voice over support and media library
The best whiteboard animation software must allow you to upload an audio file. This audio file must play, and you will create the animation in tandem with what the voiceover is saying. A good animation program must have thousands of images and animation styles to choose from. The user must not create manual animations anymore.
3. Ease of use
The best whiteboard animation software must be easy to use. Ideally, the user must only click some images, and the animation should do the rest. The same thing goes with managing the whiteboard video timeline or snipping parts of the whiteboard video maker that a user does not want.
5. Demo/ Free trial
The best whiteboard animation software must have a free trial so a user can test it. Without a free trial, you will never know if you are paying for reliable software.
Whiteboard animation software FAQ
1. Is Doodly free?
No, Doodly is not free. However, it is one of the best whiteboard animation software programs. The two plans here cost either $39 or $69 per month. Both plans offer the same whiteboard animation software program, but they differ in the number of options. For example, the Enterprise plan provides more video templates and royalty-free soundtracks.
2. How long does it take to create whiteboard animation software?
The answer depends on the kind of video you are making. For ads, the typical video length is just 15 seconds, and you can complete this in a few hours. If you are making a complete tutorial for YouTube, it will take longer than that. It also depends on your skill level.
3. What are the best types of whiteboard animations to create for my business?
The best type is the simple type. Do not crowd your animation with so many drawings and texts. What you want is to create a simple video that is easy to follow.
4. VideoScribe vs. Doodly: which is a better option?
In my opinion, VideoScribe is the best whiteboard animation software. It has a free trial for seven days. You can use the whiteboard video maker even if you do not provide credit card information. You can download the animation you make even in the free trial, but it has a watermark logo of VideoScribe. Doodly does not offer a free trial at all.
5. Are there any whiteboard animation apps?
Yes, there are whiteboard animation apps that you can download on your tablet or phone. Below are some examples:
The best white animation software for you is the one that best fits the needs of your project and your brand. Many of the tools on this list concentrate on various styles, which might suit your project.
For instance, Videoscribe and Renderforest offer an easy-to-use drag and drop tool combined with a friendly user interface, which makes them ideal for beginners. Doodly and Animiz are great options as a video maker if you want to create doodle videos along with traditional whiteboard animation.
As mentioned above, you may also hire an expert to assist you in the process of creating a whiteboard animated video.