According to Digital Music News, there are at least 10 seconds of music in 84% of YouTube content.
How many times have you stumbled upon YouTube music videos that you wished were on your device?
Paid and downloadable software is not the only way to download and stream YouTube videos. There are free and online YouTube to WAV converters that you can use.
You can download videos of your favorite songs and save them as audio files.
How do you do that? Use a YouTube to WAV converter.
Today I will share with you the seven best YouTube to WAV converters that you can use free online.
A WAV (pronounced “wave”) file is a format that stores uncompressed audio bitstream in the WAVE format.
IBM and Microsoft jointly developed WAV in 1991. Since then, WAV files have become the primary mode for saving and playing raw audio files on a PC.
Why would you opt to convert YouTube videos to WAV? I pondered over this question too.
A WAV file holds audio encoding information. It has all the technical data.
WAV files are big since they hold uncompressed data. The WAV format allows thousands of channels and unlimited bits per sample.
You see, YouTube videos are already compressed. You will also agree that downloading a file from YouTube to MP3 is easy. It also takes a short while.
MP3 files are lossy and degrade when saved. On the contrary, lossless WAV files do not lose audio data.
Even more satisfying, a WAV file format has excellent sound quality. If you love listening to CD-quality audio files playing in the background, use WAV files.
Besides, music recording studios keep original tracks in WAV audio formats.
A YouTube to WAV converter downloads music and video files. It then converts them to the WAV format.
Yes, it is. WAV format offers better audio quality than MP3. Besides, WAV files come with the ability to convert to other audio formats.
WAV is uncompressed and retains all data it had at the recording time. In comparison, MP3 files are smaller and lose data during conversion.
Take podcasting, for instance. If you are a podcast content creator, you want audiences to access good-quality audio.
When it comes to audio file recordings, MP3 files are the industry standard. Podcasters love them owing to the file size and compatibility with hosting software.
Besides, you can compress an MP3 file into a manageable size. However, the files lose audio quality and become lossy.
When you encode these files, you alter their audio signal. The MP3 audio loses some sound, and this impacts quality.
On the contrary, WAV files retain all audio elements when encoded. A WAV is lossless, meaning it does not lose its audio quality.
- Editing: WAV files are easy to edit thanks to their simple format.
- Quality: Unlike MP3, WAV files are uncompressed, and this is what ensures they retain high-quality audio features.
However, at a maximum size of 4GB, WAV files are heavier than MP3 files.
On the other hand, the MP3 format is compatible with Windows, Linux, Mac, and iOS. WAV files may not work with some devices and streaming services.
WAV files can play on Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, iTunes, and Winamp.
In summing up, the WAV format beats MP3 hands down. WAV has superior sound quality.
YouTube to WAV converters are useful tools for music enthusiasts. The software converts videos to uncompressed audio.
WAV format offers you CD-quality audio files. You can also use them to create web animations.
Another notable aspect of the WAV audio format is that it has no silent gaps.
In my quest to find the best YouTube to WAV converter, I singled out seven free online tools. All the software featured in this review will efficiently convert your video files to high-quality audio.
I also checked the audio file formats for each of these offers. Dig in and discover video converter software that requires no download.
- Office Converter
Best for converting YouTube and social media videos into audio format.
SaveTheVideo.com lets you convert videos to WAV format. It also supports WEBM, AVI, M4A, AAC, MP4, and other audio formats.
It is among the best WAV converter tools. Professional video editing is possible thanks to the converter’s video cut-and-pick feature.
SaveTheVideo.com supports Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, and other video-hosting sites. It offers you over 400 audio format options.
The WAV file converter is free-to-use and is available online.
- Formats: It supports 420+ audio formats.
- Languages: It is available in 9 languages, including German, French, and Spanish.
- Editing: The software allows you to edit videos or cut sections you do not need.
- User-friendly site.
- Downloads video playlists.
- It comes with an optional desktop app.
- It lets you choose the audio file quality and bitrate.
- I did not find any.
Click here for the free video to WAV converter
Best for mobile and desktop devices.
YTBTO lets you convert video files to WAV, MP3, MKV, and MP4 formats. The app supports both YouTube and Vimeo platforms.
It is a responsive YouTube WAV converter application that works perfectly on desktop and mobile devices. YTBTO works on Android, Mac, and Windows.
The tool downloads videos quickly. All it takes is opening the browser, pasting a video link, and clicking on the “convert it” button.
It is also one of the most accurate video converters you will find online.
- Easy: Using the WAV converter is easy as it has a simple interface.
- Formats: The app supports conversion to WAV, WEBM, MKV, AVI, and MP4.
- Video platforms: It works on YouTube and Vimeo only.
- Android: This software works with android mobile devices.
- Quality: The tool offers high-quality formats like 720p and 1080p.
- It has fast conversion speeds.
- There’s no subscription or registration required.
- It provides an ads-free conversion process.
- Restricts conversion to two video platforms, i.e. YouTube and Vimeo video files.
- This WAV downloader does not work with iOS mobile devices.
Click here to open the free YouTube to WAV converter online interface.
Best for converting video batches.
This free online tool converts your video files to WAV, MP4, AVI, and FLV formats. The process takes a few clicks with your mouse.
Besides that, Office Converter provides options to select your desired output and video resolution formats.
This video converter tool supports Windows, Mac, and android systems.
- It offers numerous audio conversion formats.
- Works with Vimeo and YouTube platforms.
- It supports android video to WAV conversion.
- Easy to use.
- It is a free version, but you can subscribe to a paid alternative if you want it.
- It converts single and multiple videos.
- I didn’t find any.
You can get the free online version here.
Best for downloading and converting YouTube videos to WAV and numerous other formats.
Ontiva is a freemium tool that lets you convert downloaded videos to Waveform Audio format. Furthermore, it offers 3GP, FLV, MP4, and AVI, among other conversion formats.
You will find this software online with no download required. It saves time and does not utilize your device’s hard drive space.
What I liked about the WAV online converter was its simplicity. You only access and obtain audio files in seconds.
Here’s the process:
- Copy your YouTube video URL.
- Paste it on Ontiva’s search box.
- Click on the “start now” prompt to initiate the conversion.
- Select WAV as the output format.
- Click the file conversion button.
- Once the file downloads, choose a destination folder.
- Interface: It has a website template with easy maneuverability.
- Instructions: Its homepage features a set of instructions for guidance.
- Unlimited conversions: You can download and convert as many YouTube files as your heart desires.
- Editing tool: Ontiva’s video cutter tool allows users to trim unwanted video parts.
- It is an ad-free site.
- It supports multiple video downloads.
- The tool does not store user data on its server.
- This YouTube WAV converter does not open in a browser that has ad blockers.
You can access the YouTube to WAV converter on this link.
Best for previewing videos before converting them.
YT-Converter features a simple user interface. It uses copy-paste to offer you instant YouTube to WAV conversion.
Its preview feature allows you to play videos first. That way, you can decide whether to proceed or not.
The audio converter supports English and German languages only.
- Video preview: allows you to play the video before conversion.
- Fast conversion speeds.
- Works in copy-paste method.
- It has a fast video trimmer.
- Straightforward user interface.
- The tool limits conversion to 45-minute videos only.
Click on this link to use the WAV converter.
Best for converting files from local storage.
Zamzar guarantees fast downloads and conversion. It takes you less than 10 minutes to complete a task.
You can also use this WAV converter software to convert files you’ve already saved. Drag and drop the files from storage to the site.
Zamzar has an interactive interface with steps on how to convert files from YouTube to WAV format.
Since it is an online tool, you don’t need to install software on your PC.
- Email attachment: The tool offers the option to attach and send files via email.
- Speed: It completes conversions within 10 minutes.
- Formats: It supports over 1200 file formats.
- There’s no software installation needed.
- It is a simple tool that anyone can use.
- It has an option to send you an email as soon as file conversion takes place.
- The converter lists all formats it supports, helping you to choose the right one.
- It has a 50MB file size limit.
- Large files take longer to upload.
Go to this link and access the WAV converter online.
Best for Chrome, Opera, Edge, and other browsers.
YouTubeTo.org is a free online WAV downloader that converts videos to WAV, M4A, FLAC, MP3, and many more.
It has a straightforward interface without complex navigation. Another good thing is you can download YouTube playlists and convert them using this app.
The site is entirely anonymous and does not store content downloaded by users.
- Languages: It supports 24 languages, including English, French, Italian, and Spanish.
- No sign-up is required.
- It supports popular browsers.
- It does not plague you with annoying ads.
- I couldn’t find any.
You can open the online free converter by clicking here.
WAV audio format offers sound with balanced acoustic quality. I’ll walk you through the steps to convert YouTube video files to WAV format:
Start by opening a YouTube video that you wish to convert to audio. Next, visit the website of your selected video converter and click on it. Ensure that you launch the converter on a separate tab or window.
Copy the URL of the video and paste it into the online converter’s input field. Click the “start now” prompt button or “search” symbol depending on what the converter provides.
Select WAV format from the options provided. Click “convert” and initiate the conversion. Optionally, you can add other settings if the converter tool offers them.
Download the converted WAV file and save it to your PC or another device. You can now listen to your audio content whenever you please.
1. What are the YouTube to WAV Converters?
YouTube to WAV converters are software that transforms video files into a high-quality audio format.
They come in handy as pathways to ensure you do not lose the original audio elements.
You can try all these out and find one that best suits your needs. I recommend SaveTheVideo.com and YTBTO.
2. What is the best online YouTube to WAV converter?
SaveTheVideo.com is the best online video converter, and I’ll tell you why. It is online software that you can use for free. You do not need to download it.
Also, it supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. You can convert videos to over 420 different audio formats with this WAV converter.
3. What audio quality conversion is supported by converters?
YouTube converters change an audio file from the format you obtained it into another.
WAV format offers the highest sound quality. Other forms available include MP3, MP2, 3GA, WEBM, AMR, AC3, and so on.
Video editing features on these online tools help edit audio files to a format of your preference.
4. What is a WAV audio format?
WAV audio (Waveform Audio File) format is a joint product of IBM and Microsoft.
The file retains all original components of audio, including track numbers, sample rate, and bit rate. In other words, it keeps the analog recording of its source.
WAV files have high-quality audio and are easy to edit.
5. What is Constant Bitrate (CBR) and Variable Bitrate (VBR)
Both terms refer to the audio quality of WAV files.
The CBR range is between 32 kbps and 320 kbps. On its part, VBR starts from 0 to 9. The low values represent low quality, while the high values represent high quality.
A high bit rate represents high audio quality.
WAV audio format offers a high-quality sound. As a professional music recorder, you would want listeners to get the best sound.
Since the file is uncompressed, it retains every sound effect that an MP3 file loses during compression.
YouTube to WAV converters allow you to extract audio from the videos on the site. If you want CD-quality files, WAV is your go-to format.
Out of the seven software reviewed, I rank SaveTheVideo.com as the best YouTube to WAV converter. It is a flexible software that works with YouTube and other video-carrying platforms.
Another good thing about these is that they are all online free YouTube video converters. You don’t have to download the software to your PC or laptop.
Once you choose a WAV converter tool, use the links provided to open its website, and the app is ready for use.
You will also notice that the YouTube to WAV file converters in this review have a simple interface.
You only need to copy and paste a URL link. Choose the WAV format and prompt the converter to do its work.
In finalizing, here is our list of the 7 best YouTube to WAV file format converters (Free & Online)
- SavetheVideo.com – Best for converting YouTube and social media videos into audio format.
- YTBTO – Best for mobile and desktop devices.
- Office Converter – Best for converting video batches.
- Ontiva – Best for downloading and converting YouTube videos to WAV and numerous other formats.
- YT-Converter – Best for previewing videos before converting them.
- Zamzar – Best for converting files from local storage.
- YouTubeTo.org – Best for Chrome, Opera, Edge, and other browsers.
- YouTube to MP3 Converters
- YouTube to MP4 Converters
- Chrome Video Downloader
- Instagram Video Downloader
- TikTok Video Downloaders
- YouTube Video Downloader
- Facebook Video Downloader
- Twitter Video Downloader
- Instagram Story Viewer Apps
- Download TikTok Videos
- Download YouTube Videos
- YouTube Subtitle Downloaders
- YouTube Playlist Downloaders
- Free Video Converter Software
- MOV to MP4 Converters
- AVI to MP4 Converters