Web design used to be difficult work to do. You have to design it on paper or PowerPoint, show it to the HTML programmer, and then use the best web design software.
Today, many tools can help you design a website in a few minutes or hours.
A website builder earns, on average, $47,000 per year. If you hire one, you will have to shell out that much money. Instead of paying that, your best course of action is to subscribe to a software program. These software programs for web design cost significantly less.
While most of these are free, you will get the best out of them if you subscribe to the paid plans. The thing is that there are so many of them. It is not unusual for someone new to this to get overwhelmed.
I took some time—years, actually—to pick the best programs. Over the years, I have used several of them, and I know which ones are the most useful for specific purposes.
By the end of this article, you should be able to choose the best web design software for your particular case.
1. Elementor – Best For Drag And Drop Designing
Elementor is a software program that you have to integrate with your web design CMS. Most people who use it have WordPress as their content management system.
With Elementor, you can add columns, sections and make use of a wide variety of widgets. Unfortunately, the elements you can add to your website are typically unavailable on website themes that you buy or get for free.
Elementor allows you to drag a particular element that you want from a panel and then drop it to your web page. Once that element is on the page, all you have to do is to change its components.
For example, just drag that element if you want a countdown timer, and the countdown timer will be on the page. The next step is to change the color and the timer’s settings.
The web design system has more than 90 widgets that you can use.
Here are some examples:
- Image carousel
- Google maps
- Image boxes
- Video boxes
The number of widgets you get access to depends on your plan. Free plans have only 40 widgets. Paid plans give you access to all the widgets available.
The system has a built-in mechanism that integrates with WooCommerce. You can design product pages, add “buy now” buttons, and more.
You can also create a single product page template and then apply that to all your products. There is no need to re-create a product page again and again.
Elementor has elements by which you could add marketing content. For example, you can create a banner that offers a discount. You can also add “learn more” buttons that will take your customer to the next step of your sales funnel.
- Easy to use
- Affordable pricing matrix
- Consistent update on the software capabilities
- Highly customizable
- Multi-function widgets for many kinds of online businesses
- Essential – costs $49 per year, and you can only use this on one website. Get access to more than 90 widgets.
- Expert – costs $199 per year, and you can use it for 25 websites. An additional service you get is the Elementor Expert Profile to showcase your work and get hired by clients.
- Studio – costs $499 per year, and you can use it on 100 websites. In addition, this package gives you VIP support.
- Agency – costs $999 per year for 1,000 websites. You get the same features as the Studio plan but with a higher website limitation.
Try Elementor for free anytime. They have a free version that you can use forever, albeit it has many limitations.
2. Thrive – Best For Website Architecture
Thrive Themes, commonly referred to in the industry as Thrive, is a suite of tools that you can use for WordPress. From this software, you can build landing pages and funnels.
I love the Thrive Themes Suite because it gives users access to more than 290 landing page templates. It is also highly versatile, as it has assets that will let you build your email list and create quizzes on your website.
Use the drag and drop web page builder and editor with ease. Choose from many widgets and drag them to your page. Then change the design as it pleases you.
With the Thrive Suite package, you can create an online course, upload videos, and manage your content. In addition, the suite comes with payment systems, making it possible for you to sell your course directly from your WordPress website.
Create an email list that allows you to build a following. Use the email list to send updates to your potential clients or send them a regular email newsletter.
This tool entails that you no longer have to pay for other tools like MailChimp or GetResponse. You can build the sign-up form and also create A/B testing formats for your list-building campaign.
If you are operating a sales website, you can use several sales-oriented widgets from Thrive. For example, you can create a countdown timer to indicate that your sale will be over soon.
The program allows you to integrate your software stack with the platform. For example, you can integrate a third-party software like MailChimp or Zapier if you want to use them instead of the standard Thrive email list builder.
- Easy to use
- Flexible pricing for what you need
- The all-in-one plans offer high value
- It has focus on conversion and sales
- Perfect for WordPress
- Quarterly – costs $90 per quarter, and you will be charged every three months. This suite gives you access to all the plug-ins of Thrive, along with unlimited support. However, you can only use this plan for a maximum of 25 websites.
- Yearly – the cost is $288 per year, and you will be billed once a year. Like the previous plan, you can get unlimited updates and support. The maximum website count is also 25.
Thrive does not have a free trial. However, you can choose not to get all the plug-ins and only get specific ones that you need for your website.
3. Shopify – Best For Ecommerce Store
Shopify is a website builder for online stores. Although it has no drag and drop function, it is still the reigning king of web design software for online entrepreneurs.
The way it works is straightforward. All you have to do is to sign up and then choose a theme for your website. The website is automatically configured as a store, and the only thing you have to do is add your products and their respective prices.
You can create shipping conditions for your products. You have the option to create regions for countries that you sell to and then exclude others.
There are more than a dozen payment systems that you can integrate, like PayPal, 2Checkout, and Skrill. There is no need to learn how to code to complete the integration. There are boxes where all you have to do is to type a unique identification number which you will get from your payment processing gateway.
Although the themes are already configured as stores, you can add more pages to your website. For example, you can customize a terms and conditions page, about us page, and so much more. The website design software also has a provision for a blog.
There are thousands of apps here. Some are free, and some are paid. The store you get from Shopify is basic, but you can make your website look better with the apps. For example, you can add a carousel to your site. You can also add special CTAs, banners, and pop-ups to increase your sales.
- Easy to use
- Offers free customizable templates
- Has payment systems that are easy to integrate
- Supported by lots of app developers
- Basic – costs $29 per month; you will get the e-commerce package, but you will not have access to reports. You will also pay 2.0% in transaction fees.
- Shopify – costs $79 per month; you can add up to five users, get standard reports, and then pay only 1% in transaction fees.
- Advanced – costs $299 per month, and you get all the features in Shopify plus the capability to use third-party shipping rates.
Shopify has a 14-day free trial that you can try. After that, you can use the website builder for online stores and only pay if you are ready to launch.
4. Wix – Best For Beginners
Wix is a platform where you can take advantage of the drag and drop site builder to make your web design activities easier. When it was starting, it looked like the Google web designer.
It is great for small websites, albeit it also offers an e-commerce platform with excellent web design tools.
Like Shopify, it has an app market where you can choose plug-ins to make your website look more professional.
The packages are inclusive of a domain name that you need to renew at $14.95 per year. Wix will pay for the first year, and it is already inclusive of SSL.
The entire platform has SEO capabilities. You can massively improve your SEO with the guidance of the system. For example, you can do advanced redirects, add your meta-titles, meta-descriptions, and many more.
The Wix platform includes a blog, similar to what you could do with WordPress and Shopify. What this means is you no longer need to integrate it with another website builder. You can schedule blog posts, add categories, RSS, and also publish articles on the go.
Wix has a built-in analytics tool that can tell you where your traffic is coming from or how it is performing. It also gives you insights into sales and blog engagement. If you think this is not enough, you can always integrate your Wix website with Google Analytics.
- Excellent template library
- Easy to use with customization options
- You can add animations
- Has an artificial intelligence for design
- Business VIP – costs $17 per month; you can build an online store with unlimited bandwidth but only get 20GB of storage. In addition, the site has a maximum of 5 hours of videos that you can upload.
- Business Unlimited – costs $25 per month with an allocation of 35GB for storage. Your video upload limit is 10 hours, and you will have access to 24/7 customer service.
- Business Basic – costs $35 per month, and you will have 50GB of storage. In addition, the customer service you get is high-priority, and your video upload is now unlimited.
You can get the free trial and cancel in 14 days if you do not like it. Wix also offers personal plans that range between $4.50 and $24.50 per month. These plans allow you to create websites where you can build a portfolio but not sell.
5. WordPress – Best For Those Looking For Flexibility
Suppose you do not know it yet, WordPress powers about 64 million websites. It is one of the most reliable content management systems in the world. It is also a web design tool as it does offer templates and customization options.
There are two types of WordPress. The first one is free, which is WordPress.Org, and the other one is both free and paid. It is called WordPress.Com.
I will talk about WordPress.Com for this review, not WordPress.Org.
All WordPress plans are already hosted. What this means is you no longer have to pay a different service for hosting your website, which would typically cost $4 per month. There is also no need for a WordPress installation.
WordPress has the support of thousands of developers. Many of these plug-ins are free, and some are paid. You need these plug-ins because they function as professional web design software programs that you can use to build a high-quality website.
WordPress has areas where you can make adjustments to how your website works. For example, you can change your permalink to a specific type to improve your search engine rankings. You can also add plug-ins where you can do redirects or even measure your SEO score for each website page.
WordPress is inclusive of a blog system. All you have to do is to create categories and publish your posts as you deem fit. You can also add many pages and then simply assign them to specific navigation categories
- It has a flexible system that is open-source
- Provides valuable customer support
- It offers thousands of plug-ins
- Has e-commerce options
- Functions as a set of free web design tools
- Personal – costs $3.6 per month; you will get a working website with a blog. In addition, it comes with a free domain for one year.
- Premium – costs $6.65 per month; with this plan, you will no longer see the WordPress brand on your website. It also gives you access to Google Analytics.
- Business – costs $18.64 per month. With this plan, you can now install plug-ins to your website and use automated backup systems.
- e-Commerce – costs $33.54 per month. This plan is what you need if you want to be able to accept payments and sell products. This plan is the equivalent of Shopify.
You can try WordPress for free. Note that the free trial does not give you access to all the features. It is great only to build a portfolio or blog.
6. ClickFunnels – Great For Landing Pages And Funnels
ClickFunnels was made for the marketer. What I mean is a seller who is not operating an online store but rather a one-product company. It is also great for affiliate marketers and course content creators.
ClickFunnels has a robust support structure system. In addition, there are many courses that one can take to improve his chances of making the funnel a success.
ClickFunnels is not exactly a blog or a website builder but rather a funnel builder. Here, you want to create a one-page website, the only goal of which is for the reader to take action.
The landing page builder of ClickFunnels works like Elementor. Choose the elements that you want and then edit them as you please. You can build your landing page, along with your entire funnel, from scratch.
There are hundreds of templates that you can choose from, no matter which niche or industry you belong to. After selecting a template, all you have to do is choose the right colors and then replace the pictures with yours or your product.
The system is equipped with a shopping cart and a button to” buy” what you offer. In addition, you can integrate your payment gateway, and ClickFunnels will take care of processing the payment.
You can also program an upsell strategy from the backend. Then, once a customer clicks to purchase, the system will automatically offer this upsell, which can help improve your AOV.
You can create an ad and use the ClickFunnels system to launch the ad on Facebook. You can also give your readers an option to buy the product now or just subscribe to your email list.
- Easy to use
- It has hundreds of templates proven to work and drive sales
- Lots of courses to take to improve your marketing skills
- Has weekly support from the successful users
- ClickFunnels – costs $99 per month; you can build 20 funnels and 100 web pages. However, you can only add one sub-user and then use three payment gateways.
- ClickFunnels Platinum – costs $297 per month; your funnel and page counts are unlimited. You can have three sub-users and nine payment gateways plus nine domains.
- Two Comma Club – costs $2,497 per month; most features are unlimited, and you get a maximum of 10 sub-users and 27 domains.
ClickFunnels is free for the first 14 days.
7. BigCommerce – Great For Huge Online Stores
BigCommerce is what you want if you want to design a website for a huge online store. It is like Shopify, but bigger. This platform has multi-channel options, wholesale options, and even checkout customization.
The BigCommerce platform has mobile optimization features to make your online store accessible from phones. You can also integrate it with WordPress.
Create that website that you want with the page builder, or start from themes. You can customize the themes, or you can start from scratch. It has a drag and drop editor that allows you to build a website from scratch with no coding.
You can sell on Amazon, Etsy, Instagram, and even Facebook. All of the products on these channels will draw content from your BigCommerce account. If you change the details from BigCommerce, like the price, it will automatically change on your other sales channels too.
If you made a sale offline, you could enter that sale into your BigCommerce account. As such, you will not have issues reconciling your inventory later on. It also allows you to do your accounting with accuracy.
The platform has SEO baked into it to increase your chances of appearing on Google search. The system helps you use the right SEO techniques. You can also customize your URLs and boost your search engine rankings by ensuring your keywords are in the right places.
- No limits on the products that you can upload
- It has a simple user interface; easy to use
- Has credit card processing options
- Offers multi-channel sales
- Standard – costs $29.95 per month; you can build an online store with no transaction fees. You have no limitation to the product you sell, but there are many features not included.
- Plus – costs $79.95 per month; you will get marketing features like abandoned cart saver and persistent cart. You can also use a feature for customer groups and segmentation. This plan also stores customer credit card information.
- Pro – costs $299.95 per month; you get to access features like express routing, priority support, and custom product filtering for your customers.
BigCommerce is free for 15 days.
8. Squarespace – Great For Bloggers And Small Businesses
Squarespace is a website builder that has a built-in e-commerce system. Users have the option to create an online store, a service-oriented website for a profession, or a simple blog that can be monetized for affiliate marketing.
Like other web builders, Squarespace is continually evolving. Today, it has SEO tools and multiple types of integrations. For example, those who built their websites with Squarespace can integrate G-Suite tools and PayPal for payment processing.
If you are unsure what to do, Squarespace can help you build your website, for a fee, of course. This works great for those who want to start a business but do not want the hassle of designing and building a website.
The system has a suite of e-commerce, including SEO tools, payment system integrations, and tax calculators. The website has standardized product pages, and you can also build your own categories or collections.
You can create content that is only accessible by paying members; you can do this by charging subscription-based membership.
You no longer need a separate email marketing platform to build your email list or send email newsletters; it is already baked onto the system.
- It offers a lot of templates and designs
- There is a blogging component to the website you build
- Has a live chat to support any paying member
- Has mobile apps that you can use to improve customer experience
- Personal – costs $12 per month; you will get a free domain and a basic website with SEO features. This plan does not have e-commerce.
- Business – costs $18 per month; it has e-commerce, and you can accept donations. However, you cannot use the POS system or view your customers’ accounts.
- Commerce – costs $26 per month; it gives you access to powerful sales analytics, and you can have an unlimited number of contributors to your website.
- Advanced Commerce – costs $40 per month; this plan gives you access to all features, including charging for subscription-based products.
Squarespace offers a free trial where you do not have to give your credit card information.
9. Weebly – Best For Beginner Website Builders
Weebly is what many would call a WYSIWYG or what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of website builder. What this means is that as you build your site, what you see in the control builder panel is exactly how your website would look like.
Like Wix, it used to be a simple web builder, like the Google web designer.
Weebly not only offers a blogging platform but an e-commerce suite as well as for analytics. With Weebly, one can start small with a simple website and then upgrade later to convert the site into a store.
All plans of Weebly are inclusive of website hosting. You no longer have to pay for this. It also means that you do not have to go through the trouble of setting up your server or connecting a domain, SSL, and all that.
Those who want to build e-commerce stores can do so at Weebly’s business plan. Like all eCommerce platforms, this one has a checkout system, buy buttons, and payment integration. With Weebly, you have the option to accept payment via Square or use other 3rd party payment gateway providers.
Weebly offers two types of website hosting. One is for simple websites that accept payments, and the other one is for an eCommerce store. The plans for an eCommerce store are costlier, but you will receive $100 in Google Ads credit.
Weebly offers ways by which you can market your products. Examples of these are email marketing, item badges, discount codes, and gift cards.
With Weebly, those who build their websites will receive guidance on SEO. For example, you can add specific keywords to your product pages, add meta-titles, and even meta-descriptions.
- Drag and drop web builder
- Easy to use
- It is much more affordable than most website builders
- Has an excellent uptime; hosting is included in the plans
- Connect – costs $5 per month; you will get 500 MB of storage, and you can connect a custom domain. The plan does not include e-commerce.
- Pro – costs $12 per month; you will get a free domain at a value of $20, and you will be able to remove Weebly ads from your website. This plan gives you access to e-commerce and phone support.
- Business – costs $25 per month; it unlocks all features, especially for e-commerce, such as trust badges, inventory management, tax and shipping calculator, and many more.
Weebly has a free version plan that you can sign-up for. It has no time limit, but the features you can access are limited.
10. Ecwid – Best For Multi-channel Stores
Ecwid is one of the best choices for online sellers. It is a product that is primarily beneficial to beginners. What sets it apart is that you can integrate other stores into it, so you only have one reference or source of information for all your stores.
Ecwid is cheaper, and yet it will rival the functionalities of top online store builders like Shopify. Ecwid also offers its users liberty in designing their shops. Full customization is available, and you can also integrate it with other content management system platforms plus social media.
You can integrate your Ecwid store with other platforms like Instagram, Google Shopping, Facebook Messenger, eBay, and Amazon.
What happens is that your Ecwid store is going to be the source of information on all these platforms. If you delete a product, the same product will also get deleted from these platforms.
With Ecwid, you can create marketing campaigns on multiple platforms. For example, you can create one from there yet launch the ad on Google or Facebook.
The system also allows you to use several other marketing systems like discount coupons and even remarketing for people who have already been to your site.
Ecwid offers many types of reports and analytics. For example, you can use the built-in reporting system to view your sales and traffic performance or integrate it with Google Analytics or Squiz.
For your store, you can create or add various shipping methods. There is also an option where your customers can pick the product from your store.
- The company offers a free plan
- The interface is simple and easy to use
- There is a point-of-sale function where you can charge customers offline
- Has multi-currency options for your store
- Venture – costs $12.50 per month; this plan gives you a store that has a mobile point-of-sale. You also get features to tax calculators and advanced SEO tools.
- Business – costs $29.17 per month; you can now integrate your Ecwid store with Google Shopping and eBay. Any changes you make on your Ecwid account or store will also reflect on your Google and eBay shops.
- Unlimited – costs $82.50 per month; you will get priority support and access to Square POS integration. You will also get 12 hours free of custom development of your website.
Ecwid has a free version where you can build an online store.
11. Webflow – Best For Simple One-pagers
Webflow is a full suite of website design software, but it has different plans for different markets. It has a system for bloggers only, and it offers a different pricing scheme for people who want to build an online store.
The mission of Webflow is to empower designers. It has a drag and drop website builder, along with its own CMS, so you no longer need WordPress.
The web designer software uses HTML 5, one of the most advanced kinds of computer languages today for web design. What you get is a blank canvas where you can design your website to your heart’s content. Here, you can use elements and even create reusable symbols for your site.
It has a backend management system where you can add pages, remove them, create categories, and also build your blogging structure. The CMS allows you to add elements to your blogs, such as photos and videos, to make them even more exciting.
With the e-commerce plan, you can create unique experiences for your consumers. You do not have to rely on cookie-cutter templates for your store. You can sell physical and digital goods online and use strong marketing and branding applications on your website.
The entire platform has its servers and storage. All plans are inclusive of hosting services. However, you have the option to get only the hosting service and build your website from scratch. The hosting service is inclusive of FTP, control panel, and domain set-up.
- Has real-time web design software
- Website made on the platform are mobile-responsive
- Dozens of free and premium templates
- Has its integrated CMS for easy content upload and management
- Basic – costs $12 per month; you can build a website with a maximum of 100 pages and 100 GB of bandwidth. This website has no content editor and has no blog.
- CMS – costs $16 per month; it functions like WordPress, where you will have a blogging system, plus 200 GB of bandwidth.
- Business – costs $36 per month; best for high-traffic blogs since you will have a maximum of 400 GB bandwidth.
Webflow is free to use, and then you can add more features later on by selecting a plan.
12. DIVI – Best For WordPress Web Designs
Divi is a theme and a WordPress site builder at the same time. With Divi, one can easily build a website from elements.
For example, let us say you want to adjust the opacity of a photo. Instead of doing that on another software, like Adobe, you can do it directly from your web page admin area.
Divi gives you an option to use it as a theme or use another WordPress theme and then use the web design tools baked in the system.
The control panel allows you to click and hold a certain element, and then all you have t do is drag it on your page
What you see is what you get; change the colors, fonts, and sizes of anything in the control panel, and that is how it will look on your website.
Once you edit an element, the visuals will change in real-time in your panel. All edits you make will also be mobile-responsive.
There are many things that you can implement on your entire website with one click of a button. You no longer have to edit each element manually.
- Hundreds of website templates to choose from
- Easy drag and drop website editor
- Affordable cost; there is a lifetime ownership package
- Has custom CSS control for front-end programmers
- Has thousands of design options
- Yearly – costs $89 per year; you will get access to Divi theme, the website packs or themes, and also upgrades on the product.
- Lifetime – you will pay a one-time cost of $249, and you will get access to everything. You can also use the system on unlimited websites.
Divi offers a free trial where you can test the software.
13. Drupal – Best For Website Creation From Scratch
Like Joomla, Drupal is open-source software that people can use for marketing, web development, and agencies. However, you have to be a technically savvy web designer to be able to use it.
Drupal is also a content management system. It has a large community with millions of users. The entire beauty of the platform lies in its flexibility. Furthermore, it is free to use.
Drupal has upgraded its platform, and it is now called Drupal 8. The latest update has a mobile experience in mind. The organization even has a dedicated resource page for its mobile guide.
Drupal has several core modules that make it easier for a web designer to make a multi-language website. All contents can get a default language and still be subject to change according to the user’s preferences.
What this means is that the entire system was built to make it easier for web creators to develop a menu system that makes sense. You can now get away from traditional content hierarchies.
- Open-source platform; gets updated consistently to fix bugs
- Free to use forever
- Offers systematic updates, not random updates that can ruin your website
- Has high security
Drupal is 100% free. Like WordPress and Joomla, you need a web hosting service provider where you can install Drupal.
A web design software program refers to a system that allows you to create a website. It is either that, or you choose a program that allows you to make a design. For the former, it is a web builder that, most of the time, already includes website hosting.
For the latter, it is like the auto-CAD of website design. Auto-CAD is design software for architects, which allows them to render the house they designed in 3D. For web design, it is similar. It is a program where you can build a website prototype.
The best software that I recommend is Elementor. To me, it is the best website builder. It is a plug-in that you use on WordPress. What it does is give you the freedom to drag and then drop elements to your web page.
The core purpose of Elementor is that it opens up new avenues for you to create web pages that are unique. You do not have to rely on existing themes and templates, but you also do not need to write code.
With Elementor, you can take advantage of more than 90 widgets that you can add to your website. It also has a marketing platform, plus a lot of resources by which you could learn how to use it.
Elementor does not offer a hosting service; you will have to pay for this service separately. You can also use Elementor if you are an agency—you can build web design templates that you can forward to your clients.
Without a doubt, ClickFunnels is the best web design software for marketing. It is a sales funnel builder, and anyone can build a marketing-oriented website from scratch.
What I like about ClickFunnels is that it has templates and an autoresponder. It also has a complete marketing system that includes the payment infrastructure.
ClickFunnels is primarily a landing page builder. A landing page is typically a one-page website where your ultimate goal is to make a target customer take action.
With ClickFunnels, you can ask readers to subscribe to your email list, buy now, or even subscribe to a paid product. ClickFunnels also has options where you can add an upsell strategy in your sales funnel.
Please take note that while ClickFunnels is a landing page builder, it does not have a blog component. Therefore, you will have to add ClickFunnels as a plug-in to your log if you want to integrate both.
For e-commerce, my recommendation is Shopify. It has dominated the e-commerce space for a long while. In addition, Shopify is easy to use and has a lot of support from creators of plug-ins.
The entire system is built on the e-commerce niche. Use Shopify only if you want to sell something. You can create web pages with this tool and also have a blog.
What I like about Shopify is that it has dozens of payment options. You can integrate PayPal, Skrill, and other payment systems so you can charge your customers online. It also has a point-of-sale system that you can use offline.
With Shopify, you can choose from hundreds of apps, which other platforms call plug-ins. For example, you can add a plug-in that allows you to make a carousel. You can also use plug-ins to show products that you want to upsell, thus helping you earn higher revenue.
Adobe is the best graphic arts tool in the world. From In-Design to Photoshop, you have a lot of choices from Adobe’s suite of products.
Specific for web design, Adobe Spark and Adobe Dreamweaver are what you want to consider. Adobe offers a free trial, but you will have to choose a plan later on.
Adobe is for experts and professionals. It is expensive, but it gets things done. Sadly, Adobe no longer offers a one-time payment for an installer of your choice. Instead, you would have to subscribe to its monthly plan to be able to use the software.
Web design software programs have had technological features in the past. There was a time when Adobe Dreamweaver was pretty much the only option that you had.
Today, there are dozens of web design software that you can choose from. What matters is you choose the one that has useful features, of which I have recommendations below.
Choose a program that has a drag and drop option. It makes it easier for you to add sections on the website or elements to produce a better customer experience. One such example is Elementor.
You must also consider how easy it is to integrate the program with your website. Of course, you must be able to click on a few buttons to do it. If the integration requires coding, forget about it.
The web builder you choose must have hundreds or thousands of themes to choose from. Themes are templates—they are like pre-built websites. All you have to do is to change certain elements.
It is an important feature because it prevents you from what many people avoid: designing a website from scratch. From these templates, you can choose one that applies to your own website or web pages. It reduces the amount of work that you have to do.
The last feature that you need to look for is customization. If a web design software program offers free templates, you should be able to make changes.
Here are some examples of what you should be able to customize:
- Font size, type, and color
- Borders and color
- Number of images that rotate inside the banner section
In any case, you are better off adding a website builder to your project. For example, WordPress may be a good design software, but it lacks the flexibility that you need. To get the best results, you need to integrate other programs like Elementor or Thrive Themes for your website design.
To choose the best web design software, y advice is that you first have to identify the kind of website you are building. From here, you can choose the software that can provide you with what you need.
Here are my recommendations:
- Shopify – best for ecommerce platform/store
- WordPress – best for blogs and forum websites
- ClickFunnels – best for building a sales page or a sales funnel
- Elementor – has the best graphic design tools for WordPress
Once you have selected a platform, do not go on an app-buying spree. Choose the best plan that you can afford and buy apps and plug-ins later on.
Finally, focus on user experience. Web design software programs are powerful. Do not fill your website with clutter. If you are new to this, use the templates available from the software, and then move on from there.
Want to learn more: If you’re looking to sell products online check out my guide on the best eCommerce platforms and if you just need to create a funnel check out my reviews on the best landing page builders.